Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill Hosler & Claude Fox - photos

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Bill Hosler & Claude Fox - photos

Hi All,

Bill Hosler recently gave us copies of his personal photo album and the Claude Fox photo album, which includes many photos used in the NOA Rooster Tails of the 1950's and 1960's, so we could post them on the Quincy Looper web site.

We've been busy posting photos from both albums to the www.QuincyLooperRacing.us web site. Go to the the site, click on the Racing Legends tab, then click on Claude or Bill's names to view the albums.

Since there are probably 200 or more photos in the Claude Fox group, it will be an ongoing project getting them posted.

These photos show the rich history of outboard racing and I want to send Bill a special thanks for allowing us to share them with everyone on our web site.

Here's a small sample of what Bill has contributed. Enjoy looking at all of the photos!

Regards,

Paul A Christner
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ted May, Jerry Waldman and Bill DeSilva, too!!!

Great pictures...

The 1952 Oakland Nationals, 184-C looks like a DeSilva, but it is a Terrell. That became my first boat.

2-C was John Craven, and that is a DeSilva Boat.

Dean Chenowith won three Nationals. W.W. "Pappy" Bowan had A Hydro won and decided to go wide on the last turn and wave top the crowd and officials. Dean cut it tight and beat Pappy to the finish line.

My dad inspected there along with Al Hart. My dad disqualified Jack Leek for a cut foot and Johnny Colvalt for the same thing.

My dad talk Stu Downs into buying Ron Zubak's BU Sid Craft

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic stuff. I hope in the future we can figure out more of what we are looking at in many of the pics.

I love the Zak-Levandusky-Van pic ... that's a keeper
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone,

We now have almost 200 photos up over at www.QuincyLooperRacing.us from Bill Hosler's racing photo album AND the Claude Fox NOA photo collection.

When you go to the Quincy site, click on the Racing Legends tab, then scroll down to Fox and Hosler.

There are some really great photos in the collection. Also photos of some famous people that attended race events, such as Johnny Cash, George "Goober" Lindsey, Jerry VanDyke and Gov. George Wallace.

Hey Ron, you might recognize the guy in one of the photos posted here. One of the other photos is of Clyde Wiseman (founder of Wiseco Pistons) running a Quincy Merc.

For those that enjoy current racing photos, we have some from the races held at Jesup, GA, in October thanks to Bob Dunlap.

Enjoy!

Regards,

Paul A Christner

Post Thanks / Like

Default 99-C Is Jimbo McConnell

That's Jimbo in the BU. I think that was Carl Myers old Morehouse.76-C was Ted May in his May Craft, 44 Cubic inch Mercury, Hubbell Horns and GAS burning....Ted probably drove that boat a thousand miles. Note in the trailer the 44 didn't have a foot. 44's were harder on the foots than "D'", so Ted was always blowing feet up and switching them. Nice selection of props...Several Hong Hong props in there!

Add:

THAT IS TED MAY'S Sid Craft, not a May Craft. I bought that boat from him in the spring of 1964,
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 11-08-2010 at 11:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good job, Paul......

Great pics and they all have a story behind them. Mr. Hosler is still young at heart and is still a great competitor. Thanks..............................

By the way.........the 44 flathead in my avatar was his old ride. Scared my Aerowing a bit when you clamped the throttle.
    Last edited by F-12; 11-08-2010 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Add
    Charley Bradley

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default More photos!

Hi Everyone,

We've started page 3 of Claude Fox's NOA photo album today. The racing photos range from the 1930's to 1960's and racing names include Gar Wood, Fred Jacoby, Bill Holland (and his famous Scott motor), Bill Fales and Jerry Peterson.

Here's a sample of what we posted today over at www.QuincyLooperRacing.us. Plan on getting some more photos posted before the super bowl game tomorrow. So, who do you think will win?

Enjoy the photos.

Regards,
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like

The picture of Bill Holland has the rarely seen original type McCulloch 630 ... look at the steering yoke.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Really nice(!), but does anyone know what happened to all of Claude's
    OPC photos, especially from the beginning 1957-61?

Quote Originally Posted by Original Looper 1 View Post
    Hi All,

Bill Hosler recently gave us copies of his personal photo album and the Claude Fox photo album, which includes many photos used in the NOA Rooster Tails of the 1950's and 1960's, so we could post them on the Quincy Looper web site.

We've been busy posting photos from both albums to the www.QuincyLooperRacing.us web site. Go to the the site, click on the Racing Legends tab, then click on Claude or Bill's names to view the albums.

Since there are probably 200 or more photos in the Claude Fox group, it will be an ongoing project getting them posted.

These photos show the rich history of outboard racing and I want to send Bill a special thanks for allowing us to share them with everyone on our web site.

Here's a small sample of what Bill has contributed. Enjoy looking at all of the photos!

Regards,

Paul A Christner

Post Thanks / Like

What type of hull is the X-12? Looks like it could be a Sidson "F" class perhaps?

Thread Information