Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: The Harrison Racing Outboards - Legendary Birmingham Metal Products Alky Outboards

Threaded View

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default The Harrison Racing Outboards - Legendary Birmingham Metal Products Alky Outboards

With many thanks to Smitty-The-Welder I have scanned his documentation of these famous Birmingham Metal Products Inc. HARRISON ALKY OUTBOARD RACING ENGINES for archive posting on this site. When I was a teenager in stock outboard racing, these fast and record setting Alky racing engines went head to head against the British Anzanis, The Quincy/Merc Padded Block and Third Port Deflectors and soon enough the Quincy Flathead Loopers in Alky Classes A (15 cubes) and B (20 cubes). These engines could race so close with their loop charged counterparts it was a toss up as what would win on a given weekend. For those of you having these engines, cherish them. For those who might have a box of parts, here is a chance to take them out and re-assemble the engine. For those that have pictures of these great engines in competition with the other famous and great ones of their classes, we encourage you to post your pictures and tell your stories of where and when you were there with these engines competiting and the good times you had at the events as I did when I was a novice racer watching these engines being driven by some of the greats of Alky outboard hydro and runabout racing.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Thread Information