Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: The Parker Looper Engines - Bud Parker's Challenges To The Alky Classes

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default The Parker Looper Engines - Bud Parker's Challenges To The Alky Classes

With many thanks to Tim Kurz and friends who sent me the pictures and encouraged me to post the Parker Looper Alky engines for all to see and posterity. I never knew there was any other 2 and 4 cylinder looper engines with exhausts out of twin ports 180 degrees apart until I was informed that sure I had a set of Parker bells on one of my Modified Merc 4s but did I know that Bud Parker also made Alky class Loop engines in 2 and 4 cylinder models that went to head against Quincy Faltheads, Konigs and other hybrid racing engines in Alky? Call me the unwashed as I never knew and maybe some other readers and enthusiasts didn't know that too, so it does not make me feel alone!

With these pictures posted, readers, please feel free to comment on what you see and post pictures at events that show these engines in action against their counterparts in the same classes driven by some of the most famous drivers in outboard racing history.

At some point it is my understanding that there will be pictures of Parker 2 cylinder loop engines available to post on this site for outboard racing posterity and future enjoyment.

Anyone dusting off something they thought was something else. What is in that box under the hobby work bench in pieces getting dusty? What a mistaka to maka! LOL!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Some More Parker Looper Pictures

A few more pictures for the curious enthusiast!

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default B & D PARKER LOOPERS PICTURES

Some Parker Loopers - a B and a D Alky. Enjoy!

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Parker Looper Alky Engines - The B Alky

Some pictures of the Parker B Alky. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

John, I have never seen or heard of a 6 cylinder Parker. My educated guess is that he only made twins and 4's.

How about a closer front shot of the special front half on the 4 cylinder?

Here is that B up right so everyone doesn't have to turn their monitor on its side to see it.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Gee Whiz Thanks!

Gee Whiz Thanx! I have a universal swiveling monitor. Costs a little more but well worth it!

Thread Information