Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Here we go folks - E-15 fuel

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default They hate us because we buy houses ???

Both political sides have been economically screwing the majority of the US citizens for far too long. Look at our debt and deficits relative to our almost totally economically destroyed productive middle class.

One side’s done it with corrupt regulation. The other side’s contributed with corrupt de-regulation. Did I mention that the rich get richer during wars or peace?

Profit, at times, is a good motivator and provider of living standards. As long as it doesn’t become exclusively the motivator in the higher degrees of commerce. Monopolies sometime destroy just as much as no incentive whatsoever.

The measurement of success needs to include everyone that has taken a responsible part in the process. The measurement of failure needs to illustrate the degree of responsibility, appropriately and fairly, to encourage accountability.

We, politically, need more people to serve our greater good as a society without hidden agendas of greed and self advancement or a too highly flawed intellectual ideology, ie too impractical for reality.

When my family left Illinois back in the early 80’s, I thought the Democrats could keep that corrupt state with it’s massive (useless) bureaucracy and tax burdens. I wondered who would be responsible enough to turn off the lights as the last productive business/company was leaving the state. I never dreamed, years later, that it could become even worse. The few visits I’ve made back to Illinois since have illustrated to me that you should never underestimate the potential (corruption) of people in politics. When we first moved to Florida, taxes were low and insurance was cheep it too then was run by Democrats, which were being quickly replaced by the northeastern Republican establishment. Throw in the Bush family and their cronies, and you can imagine the outcome.

I read recently a comment by someone that stuck in my brain. The choice of electing Democrats vs. Republicans these days has become a choice of whether you want to die by drowning vs. die by hanging. Some choice.

Somewhat over 40 years ago, the United States air force pilots were knocking Communist Migs out of the sky in Viet Nam. Some 40 plus years later, China has come from object poverty to having the ability to economically destroy our country without firing a shot. They can educate or produce almost anything our country can for practically 10 cents on the dollar. What could we ever teach our children in schools to overcome such a horrendous disadvantage? I am speaking globally, economically.

Our country’s borders to the north and south have been practically open since the 60’s. It’s especially alarming that they have been open since 9/11, while we’re supposedly fighting a war on terror(ism). Maybe, as far as the powers that be are concerned, the mission IS truly accomplished.

As always, follow the money. It speaks more about the truth of the matter than the hot air the corrupt politicians and the corporate media feed us ….. that shamefully contributes unnecessarily to global warming.

Regards,

Paul

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Van Steenwyk View Post
    Wayne:

Three reasons for my direct and "hard" criticism of his posts regards this subject:

1. I have seen numerous posts by this same person regards the "sky is falling" about this and other subjects dear to the liberal heart on this site and another. Tell the lie often enough, and it becomes truth. You, I am sure, based on your background, are aware of that, and all the politics that can be involved in environmental issues. YOU more than most. I just have had a bellyfull of this subject by folks quoting sources that are very suspect, based on suspect motive, wanting to be in the forefront of the latest "green" issue, and other reasons, and I think it is time that all intelligent folks take a deep breath and really think this scam through.

2. He has no trouble in the past calling others out who disagree with him about this or other subjects and environmental issues.. Its past time to be on the other end. We are not a bunch of sheep out here.

3. What he and others are selling in a very "hard" and direct way is going to cost us all dearly, and the "sale" is based on a lot of very suspicious and possibly purposeful/fraudulent information presented as "fact". If you are part of the group that for whatever reason, ignorance, having been mislead, need the latest "green" issue to feel important, or just like to yell fire in a crowded theater, or even if you are genuinely concerned about this issue, at least try not to insult others intelligence with your arguments based on the type information and references you give to try to prove your point.

If you or others think I am over reacting, perhaps it is time more do. If something is not done this is going to cost us all a lot of money and freedom of activity. I wish we had an "NRA" for this issue. I think it is that important. Maybe if more criticism was directed to those who promote this issue as "truth" with no chance of error or mistake, we would all be more knowledgeable about the subject. The way it has been presented to to this point, with untruths and deception by those supposedly "expert" on the matter, is a disgrace.
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default a little reference material

For comments regards the subject of global warming made by Ricochet112 over the last several years on another site regards that subject and liberal/conservative issues and bias towards either, you may use the following links and then draw your own conclusions. There are some who don't like what I have to say sometimes, and that's what makes the world we live in interesting, but I DON'T LIE WHEN I POST SOMETHING.

If anyone is further interested you may read his postings on various issues of the same type in this thread and draw your own conclusions. If anyone tries the links and is unsuccessful, I have printed copy's I would be glad to scan and e-mail to any interested party.

I really don't care what his opinion is, other than as I have stated, what is going on now in the way of information being disseminated to the public is corrupted by too much money being involved if certain conclusions are reached that are favorable to the folks dolling out the money.

What I do care about is being called a liar, and that I don't know what I am talking about when I make a statement of fact about his bias on this issue. Make your own decisions based on the available information. The rest of his childish rant and name calling reminds me of a three year old that can't have his way.

http://www.hydroracer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20040 (titled: truth out)

http://www.hydroracer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12908 (titled: more snow)

http://www.hydroracer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14872 (titled:winters here)

http://www.hydroracer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13432 (titled: its time for change)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 800 Reasons to question Global Warming

800 Reasons to Question Global Warming
    newsnet5.com
    updated 10/18/2010 10:46:46 PM ET 2010-10-19T02:46:46

"The science is settled!" That's the slogan used by the pro-Global Warming crowd. but is it really?

Below is a list of 800 papers by respected and awarded scientists that question or contradict the Man-Made Global Warming Theory (AGW). The science is NOT settled... This list was compiled by Andrew over at PopularTechnology.net. This is worth sifting through!

A 2000-year global temperature reconstruction based on non-treering proxies (PDF)
    (Energy & Environment, Volume 18, Numbers 7-8, pp. 1049-1058, December 2007)
    - Craig Loehle

- Correction to: A 2000-Year Global Temperature Reconstruction Based on Non-Tree Ring Proxies (PDF)
    (Energy & Environment, Volume 19, Number 1, pp. 93-100, January 2008)
    - Craig Loehle, J. Huston McCulloch

"The corrected estimates are very similar to the original results, showing quite coherent peaks. ... The corrected data continue to show the Medieval Warm Period (MWP) and Little Ice Age (LIA) quite clearly. ... While instrumental data are not strictly comparable, the rise in 29 year-smoothed global data from NASA GISS from 1935 to 1992 (with data from 1978 to 2006) is 0.34 Deg C. Even adding this rise to the 1935 reconstructed value, the MWP peak remains 0.07 Deg C above the end of the 20th Century values"

- Reply To: Comments on Loehle, "correction To: A 2000-Year Global Temperature Reconstruction Based on Non-Tree Ring Proxies"
    (Energy & Environment, Volume 19, Number 5, pp. 775-776, September 2008)
    - Craig Loehle

A Climate of Doubt about Global Warming
    (Environmental Geosciences, Volume 7, Issue 4, December 2000)
    - Robert C. Balling Jr.

A Critical Appraisal of the Global Warming Debate
    (New Zealand Geographer, Volume 50, Issue 1, pp. 30-32, 1994)
    - C.R. de Freitas

A critical review of the hypothesis that climate change is caused by carbon dioxide
    (Energy & Environment, Volume 11, Number 6, pp. 631-638, November 2000)
    - Heinz Hug

A dissenting view on global climate change
    (The Electricity Journal, Volume 6, Issue 6, pp. 62-69, July 1993)
    - Henry R. Linden

Climate projections: Past performance no guarantee of future skill? (PDF)
    (Geophysical Research Letters, Volume 36, Issue 13, July 2009)
    - Catherine Reifen, Ralf Toumi

Potential Biases in Feedback Diagnosis from Observational Data: A Simple Model Demonstration (PDF)
    (Journal of Climate, Volume 21, Issue 21, November 2008)
    - Roy W. Spencer, William D. Braswell

Potential Dependence of Global Warming on the Residence Time (RT) in the Atmosphere of Anthropogenically Sourced Carbon Dioxide
    (Energy Fuels, Volume 23, Number 5, pp 2773–2784, April 2009)
    - Robert H. Essenhigh

Possible climatic impact of tropical deforestation
    (Nature, Volume 258, Number 5537, pp. 697-698, December 1975)
    - Gerald L. Potter, Hugh W. Ellsaesser, Michael C. MacCracken, Frederick M. Luther

Problems in evaluating regional and local trends in temperature: an example from eastern Colorado, USA (PDF)

These articles are written by CREDIBLE SCIENTISTS. Obviously, MOST everyone here does not agree with the Al Gore - Goldman Sachs - Maurice Strong global crowd that is trying to sell you carbon trading and global taxes as a way to "fix" the environment HERE.

Who is Maurice Strong? This billionaire, originally from Canada but living in China for many years, works for the United Nations AND for the Rockefeller and Rothschild’s Trusts. He was also a main factor in a 1995 UN report called “Our Global Neighborhood” that contained a number of ominous and scary proposals - including the establishment of a global tax, UN control over “global commons" (ie that's most of us), expansion of the powers of the World Bank MONOPOLY, expansion of the jurisdiction of the International Court, removal of U.S. veto power in the Security Council and creation of THEIR Economic Security Council to oversee the world’s economy.

Just innocent and "Convenient" connections between global warming, the United Nations and big time billionaires? Never, ever forget -- what the richest people call a consensus, many times the poorer people call a conspiracy. In my opinion, rightfully so.

You can see all of the links to the 800 scientific papers and articles mentioned above at: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39732691...-cleveland_oh/

As always, follow the money. It will help lead you to the truth and reality.

Regards,

Paul

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Bill you are a lair, everything you say from here on out is pointless, meaningless and irrelevant. You are making up shyt and putting false words in my mouth.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with Bill Van that global warming is a farce. If it had been warming since the ice age, then there would be overwhelming and inconclusive evidence to support that. In the ten thousand or so years since whatever the last ice age was, a continual warming would have turned us into crispy critters long ago. Instead the earth warms and cools in cycles. Increased sunspot activity and eruptions on the sun's surface coincide with warmer temperatures on earth and volcanic eruptions of massive proportions bring on cooling and lots of rain and snow. In the late 1800's there were 100 foot snow drifts in Russia. There were also massive drifts in the western plains of the U.S. Not long ago scientists found lots of fossils of big palm trees and other tropical forest plant life on Greenland beneath the snow and ice. There have been big dramatic shifts in our climate long before cars and factories existed. The point that snow comes from water that has evaporated is not any type of proof that global warming is upon us. When the midwest was under a mile sheath of ice, it was snowing then, and I hardly consider that global warming.

More and more scientists are getting the guts to speak out about the hoax since the fabrication of data has come to light. One of the factors that was beginning to bring global warming to the forefront about when Al Gore's film was coming out,was a ten year running average of the average global temperature. There was an abberant temperature spike in 1997 that led some people to believe it was beginning had it not been for the equally big shift to cooling in 1998. (I may have the years wrong, but what the junk scientists did is true.) The ten year average should have been 1998 to 2008, but they included 1997 and left out 1998 to skew the data. The other years were all within the range of normal average yearly fluctuations. You could cherry pick the abnormal 1997 year to stack the data toward warming, then produce a model that added the increased temperature for several decades and make it look like disaster looming on the horizon. The data that came out of the English professor was based on one single event and event from a long time ago and even that info is suspect.

Just like lawyers, there are some dumb lazy scientists who either have an agenda or aren't smart enough to make a good career in the private sector so they depend on government grants, or handouts from taxpayers via our Washington D.C. congressional members. They might get $250,000 to study why tadpoles don't have sex, or $150,000 to study why hydroelectric cars are not feasible, or $100,000 to figure whether it would be best to have red eared humpbacked tortoise trails run underneath interstate highways in a north/south direction, or east/west. A lot of the crap that is added to legislation in the form of pork goes to scientists who can laugh all the way to the bank knowing whenever they start to run out of money they can concoct another scheme to bilk us out of more. Trouble is, the global warming/CO2 scam could cost us our country as we know it. If it were really a threat, then why are China, India, Brazil, and most other countries not being pushed to limit greenhouse gases. It's all because WE have the money and WE are where the traders are going to get way beyond filthy rich off of our stupidity.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What we both "actually" said

Richochet112:

What YOU "actually"said can be accessed by using the links I provided in a previous post on this thread.

What I "actually" said can be accessed by reading carefully what I have posted on this thread. Evidently you have not done that as there are many errors in your comments regarding my posts.

If you did NOT post what appears under your name in the links I furnished, who did?

You can call me all the names you want to your hearts content. That will not and does not change what YOU have posted on this subject and others. Doesn't make you good, bad, or indifferent, just ON THE RECORD. If you have seen any error in your way, or now wish to change your mind regards stated positions, you are welcome to do that also, but calling me names and a liar does not change anything you wrote. None of those changes if you make them, will change what you originally posted, and what you originally posted is my point.

This is my last comment on this thread. I believe my point has been made very clearly, and will be confirmed by anyone wishing to read your posts and comments. You can deny those posts all you want, but that does not change them, and calling me a liar will not either, as they are there for anyone interested to see. If you are as upset about them now as it would seem, by denying their existence when anyone can reference them, that says much more about you than me.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I hate alchohol!!

Except to drink as racing fuel!!
    But does any one no what the alternative is?
    I live in Mo. , and it's a hell of a tax suplement to us in this state.
    I am waiting for what replaces it that is harmless and doesn't have an effect on ground water and the unborn.
    As much as i hate it it's the lesser of the evils, kinda like voting .
    I guess we could always ask wayne since he's in the bidness as we say in Mo.

Tomtall

Default Well ------------------

Ok - So after much debate over global warming I would like to discuss some more about my original post. (thanks for sharing your input guys on global warming it was entertaining).

Like was earlier stated you only have to follow the $ if you want to find the real drive behind this whole matter of watered down corn fuel. I would like those interested to take the time to read the following article and then share your thoughts on what is said about the pros and cons of it. Please take into account who wrote the article.

http://www.businessweek.com/debatero...eand_corn.html

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Frankly Tom, I was a little confused. From what I understood the Pro person was against ethanol, and the Con person was for it. They both make the case however, that the only way ethanol was going to be produced was if it were heavily subsidized by U.S. taxpayers. None of the other problems tied to ethanol as a fuel was brought up, such as collecting water, especially in marine fuel tanks, not being as fuel efficient as gasoline, or other damage that could result in even higher formulations. If a plant wants to make ethanol for fuel use, fine....do it on you own dime. You can bet that if Hillary runs for president the Clinton's Tyson friend, the chicken farmer, will dig deep into his pockets for campaign cash. I did mention the much higher costs not only to feed livestock, but also the direct increase in food costs for consumers. Corn is in a lot of products, and corn meal is a staple in most of the poor countries. That alone should be enough to shut down this stupid move to increase ethanol use.

Who's to say the increase in production isn't to get the volumes up to the point where they don't notice the Chicago mob siphoning off the extra for a little better bootleg profits?

Thread Information