Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Craig who??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Craig who??

Hi Craig,
    I grew up with Carl, Keith and Gary in Wi. Raced Bu from 1953 to 1961 and DSR with a Stippich Quack, 66 W, from 1970 to 1978. I am currently trying to start interest in Vintage racing, own three 55-H's, and using a boat I borrowed from Bill Luetner's grandson, Tim Weber, 45-W. I also got original plan's of my 1969 DSR floater build by Carl for Gary who, I believe won DSR in 1969 nationals before I bought it, Carol (Stippich) Elgin inherited all the boats plans that Carl built from his estate when he died. I plan to build a replica of it this fall. I'm also restoring a 35 SSR Stippich for Tim Weber to use in CSR (Yamoto) as backup to his DiSilva.
    I believe that Carl was one of the top builders of stock runabouts, his boats weren't only fast but were sleek and looked like a fine piece of furniture. I am determined to acquire and also build replica's of Carl's boats and run them, not "Trailer Queen's, so his legacy is not forgotten.
    Please email me specifications, Pictures,and asking price.
    Thank you, Jon K. Walters

Posted by Ron Hill

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ron Hill answers...

Jon,
    Having met Carl Stippich at Worchester, Massachusetts, 1957, at the Stock Nationals.....My opinion as a kid, then as an adult then and OLD MAN....Carl was one hell of a dedicated man to Stock Racing....He and my father got along like brothers.... At the 1964 Nationals I won DU and Gary won CU, the way Carl and my dad partied that night, after the race, we worried about them (Garty and me)...

The legacy deserves to be carried on.

Please post MORE on www.boatracingfacts.com
    I am dedicated to "SAVING A SPORT" and keep the GREAT memories alive.

Hey, Puestow...rememer when you and Max McPeek ran my 36 in F Runabout at the Winternationals???? Were them DeSilva Boys "HOT"...considering they owned that boat !!!

Ron Hill

Thread Information