Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10' JLM tunnel hull

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bob,
    I have not done much with the boat. I am going to change the steering cables and make a jack plate, but don't have an OMC to run on it. Shanies 12 year old girl wants to possibly race it. We are going to get her in it this weekend. If we can run the Merc, we would like to run with you folks again. If we switch to an OMC it would only be in the future to run GT Pro.

Talk to you soon, Ron

Post Thanks / Like

You won't be able to run the Merc again. We allowed it in Pine City due to our failure to keep the Mini GT rules up to date. We have since updated the rules. You can see them HERE.

Also, only molded production boats are allowed, or the Dillon Mini Vee. That leaves your boat only elligible for GT Pro. Minimum age for GT Pro is 14.

Sorry to be such a wet blanket. I took a quick look on ebay and found this motor: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/25hp-...item2eb5464d93

It's located in Marshfield, WI.

I hope you will be able to join us this summer.

Tunnelboat and V-bottom Plans for 15-35 hp, 40-60 hp, 60-80 hp

Dillon-Racing.com also on YouTube, on Facebook, on Twitter

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it seems like we can't fit it in Mini and she's too young for GT Pro..I don't really want to buy another motor right now anyway.
    She got some seat time in the HST last weekend and really liked it. She had it right up over 50 in less than 5 minutes, and to be honest, by the time she's 14, anything less than a 260 won't do it for her We are going to get her in the Mini next weekend anyway for fun. It's a lot cheaper to run than the big boats.

We'll see you at a couple of the races anyway most likely.

Ron

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman View Post
    You won't be able to run the Merc again. We allowed it in Pine City due to our failure to keep the Mini GT rules up to date. We have since updated the rules. You can see them HERE.

Also, only molded production boats are allowed, or the Dillon Mini Vee. That leaves your boat only elligible for GT Pro. Minimum age for GT Pro is 14.

Sorry to be such a wet blanket. I took a quick look on ebay and found this motor: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/25hp-...item2eb5464d93

It's located in Marshfield, WI.

I hope you will be able to join us this summer.
    I think the rules are supposed to state that cylinders may be bored to .030" , not .0030...you may want to change that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rev.ronnie View Post
    I think the rules are supposed to state that cylinders may be bored to .030" , not .0030...you may want to change that.
    You're right, of course. Thanks for catching that. I made the correction.

Hope to see you in Champlin.

Tunnelboat and V-bottom Plans for 15-35 hp, 40-60 hp, 60-80 hp

Dillon-Racing.com also on YouTube, on Facebook, on Twitter

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Video

I remember seeing a video of your little boat run but now I cannot seem to find it? Can you steer me too it?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rekcuftar View Post
    I remember seeing a video of your little boat run but now I cannot seem to find it? Can you steer me too it?
    http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=SXBolhOzvLM

This is the link, or just search "Shanie testing" on YouTube

Enjoy! Ron

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice looking boat

Ron, that's a nice looking boat you should have it running in GT pro. It would be fun to see more variety in the boats their running.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rekcuftar View Post
    Ron, that's a nice looking boat you should have it running in GT pro. It would be fun to see more variety in the boats their running.

Thanks, we did run it in Mini GT once. I just have way too many projects right now to re- power and rig it with an OMC. We have a 12 year old that wanted to run it, but after driving our HST/260 all summer, she wants to race it!

Thread Information