Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Roar-n-Soar this weekend!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Roar-n-Soar this weekend!

This weekend is the 4th annual Roar-n-Soar event at Kermit Weeks aircraft museum, better known as Fantasy of Flight, located a short drive west of Orlando. This event will feature 70 vintage race boats from all categories. Though it is not a race, they will be getting 'em wet! All kinds of flying machines will be buzzing overhead as the boats are running on the lake. All kinds of vintage cars will be on display, and a few of them will be burnin' rubber too! I for sure am looking forward to it, and I've plenty of memory for my camera!

http://www.fantasyofflight.com/roar-n-soar/

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default roar & soar !

will be there !..

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward for your comments and pics John. About a month ago I heard the throaty roar of an old prop plane and looked up to see a twin engine WWII era dual engine plane fly over our house and do a seven or eight minute figure 8. I quit what I was doing and stared at it the whole time. Those engines sure sounded beautiful. You're gonna have a great weekend.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The aircraft museum is just spectacular! I was up there 4 years ago and it is packed with WW 1 & 2 "warbirds", civilian aircraft, and all kinds of crazy looking flying machines! A worker there told me that they display only about a 3rd of the aircraft that Kermit owns. The weather is forecast is sunny with temps. in the 70's! Ken Warby, the fastest man on water, is gonna be there so I'm looking forward to meeting him too, Ken was clock at 317mph in his "Spirit of Australia" back in the latter 1970's!

Thread Information