Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dennie Paola, 70-R, Newberg Flip Photo-60's

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dennie Paola, 70-R, Newberg Flip Photo-60's

Photo by Bob Carver. Let's try this again.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bob Carver took tons of great photos.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Bob Carver was a freelance photographer from the Seattle area and he took many thousands of unbelieveably great photos over the years of boat racing. He had an uncanny sense and eye for who was about to get into trouble and got more cool crash, flip and blowover shots than you can imagine. Everyone really should buy the book with some of the many photos he took that Rusty Rae and others helped put togther that is for sale on the Unlimited Hydro Museum site - here is a link.

http://thunderboatstore.org/artofbobcarver.html

Not only do ytou get a very cool book of some of Bob's spectacular shots of boat racing from the 50's through the 80's, but you get to support the Museum as well. Everyone wins.............

Mark

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have two or three 8 X 10 glossy sequence shots of me that Bob Carver shot with his motor drive illustrating my superior driving skills. Here is one from about 1975 when I was trying one of Ron Anderson's boats in 25SSH at Green Lake in Seattle. Put my helmet right through the deck on this one. The second to the last photo with the boat in upside down/backwards hover mode is my favorite shot.

Mark

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mark...thanks for the info. I want to get the book for my personal "museum". I am glad some goes to supporting the unlimited museum. I don't know what I'm going to do when I'm gone because my kids won't have room to keep all my stuff.. I haven't forgotten our PM's. Just can't find the scanner I want locally. Got most of the pics together....just lacking a couple.

BTW...Cool to have had such a talented guy in your area to take pics and be able to hang a sequence like that on your wall.

Thread Information