Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Switzercraft Regatta & Hot Boat Rally 2011

Team Switzercraft TomAprilsSwitzers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Switzercraft Regatta & Hot Boat Rally 2011

Hi everyone, this years Switzer Regatta & Hot Boat Rally will be on Saturday July 16 at THE BIG BASIN MARINA in Channahon Illinois (boats and motors arrive at 10am and River Run at noon), about 40 miles south of Chicago right off of Interstate 55.
    This year, like last year, THE MOTORHEADS OF ILLINOIS will be joining us and putting their
    boats & antique outboards on display.
    Everyone and anykind of boat,antique outboard or muscle/antique car are welcome to attend. The only cost is to launch your boat if you decide to participate in the River Run, which will last for about an hour,then after that we come back for lunch and some of us will do speed runs for the crowd.
    Hope to see you all there, bring a picnic basket or eat at the marina's bar. Tom Arambasich P.S..And again my cousin Rick will be cooking his famous chicken on the grill...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TomAprilsSwitzers View Post
    Hi everyone, this years Switzer Regatta & Hot Boat Rally will be on Saturday July 16 at THE BIG BASIN MARINA in Channahon Illinois (boats and motors arrive at 10am and River Run at noon), about 40 miles south of Chicago right off of Interstate 55.
    This year, like last year, THE MOTORHEADS OF ILLINOIS will be joining us and putting their
    boats & antique outboards on display.
    Everyone and anykind of boat,antique outboard or muscle/antique car are welcome to attend. The only cost is to launch your boat if you decide to participate in the River Run, which will last for about an hour,then after that we come back for lunch and some of us will do speed runs for the crowd.
    Hope to see you all there, bring a picnic basket or eat at the marina's bar. Tom Arambasich P.S..And again my cousin Rick will be cooking his famous chicken on the grill...
    Actually now I hear he wants to make "Pulled Pork"...so we'll see....

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Switzercraft Regatta & Hot Boat Rally 2011

Well only a week away for the Regatta, Hope we see a lot of faces from Boat Racing Facts dot Com.....Starts at 10am See you there...Tom Arambasich

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Switzercraft Reunion Regatta 2011 & 2012/Benefit For Our Fallen Soldiers

Well the Switzer rally went over great again. We had at least 40 boats and probably 175-225 people. Bob Switzer brought 2 of his family's boats as well as a bunch of his family members. My cousin Rick and Tony Gurnitz cooked like they had never cooked before. Rich Luhrs came all the way from New Jersey with his 20 Ft Twin 375 hp Merc powered Wing,,,,everything went great...The only downside is that April was too sick to attend and my V8 boat wasn't ready.....anyway make plans to attend next years Regatta, we have already picked Saturday July 14 2012 for the 10th Anniversary Switzercraft Reunion Regatta which could be my last that I organize.
    ON ANOTHER NOTE; Just to let all Switzer Club members know, On Saturday August 27 there will be a benefit for the widows and children of fallen United States Armed Forces members who lost their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan,at The Big Basin Marina which will be sponsored by Mugz's Hideout, the marina's Bar 'n' Grill. I first heard of this a week after our Regatta when Benny, one of the Managers of Mugz's approached me to work security for him.
    Of course I decided against it but offered my V8 boat to give rides in for the kids that will be there. I know this will probably go farther than that but it's for our fallen soldiers families and their memories. If anyone in our club or anyone who has attended our Regattas would like to join me and volunteer to give rides or do "Fly-Bys" for the crowd feel free to contact me.I would like to get at least 2-3 more boats to join me,remember this is a benefit and we will not be compensated for our time or fuel, and like April says,"The emotional compensation will be enough return" Tom Arambasich

Thread Information