Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1997 mirage river racer 280 ros mercury

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mirage for sale

Good looking boat. I need to know whether these hull can turn as we do circuit racing. I also dont need the motor and it is also extremely expensive for us to import it with a trailer. Looks like it has great potential. what i am also very interested in is how the motor trim works with the hydraulic steering. If you need to sell the boat as a unit you might want to let me know who builds these boats so i can only sourse the hull.

in racing

regards

Willie

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

as of 1998 the boats are built by mirage boats , in winter haven fl . 863 581 7807

this boat listed was built my mirage boats out of kuffman texas. the boat turnes very well , but will not turn as hard as an f1 boat , this bould be a great boat for you if you guys could sit tandem . (in line)

this boat is raced in a class called super sport in the US

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mirage Boat

I would like to make arrangements so that i could come across to test drive the boat if at all possible. I would suggest that we communicate via my e-mail address at williedw@mweb.co.za which would be better. Another question i have is the steering system. You are running a hydraulic system and have attached to it a system which is wireless for the trim system. Do you supply these systems and or where could i get them?

Thanks for your quick reply previously
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I owned one of these boats for 7 years and can tell you that they turn great! Though you do have to back out of the throttle and scrub some speed (from 100+ mph) before making a 180 degree turn, you can turn the boat hard (single pin 180 degree turn) at 85 mph. No comparison to my F2 boat that I never back out of the throttle (100+ mph) for single pin turns, but it is the best turning mod-vp style boat I have ever driven. Expect speeds of 80+ mph in race setup with 200hp hanging off the transom (1 - 1 1/4 mile course).

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mirage Boat

Hi

Thanks for your response. I need to know who builds them as i would like to buy one. Who are the builders and where can i get hold of them.

Attached is the current boat we use but is very unstable and 126km/h
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just buy mine ? Wire the money and ill ship it . Mirage boats builds them in winterhaven florida usa

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Boat is sold

Thread Information