Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 41 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: British Anzani A & B Stock & Alky Racing Engines

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default British Anzani A & B Stock & Alky Racing Engines

This engine post is going to be one large one when done. (some 30 pages) I wish to thank Smitty-The-Welder, the late and great Bill Tenney (Mid-West) and Gene Strain (Calgary, AB Racing Assn.) for all the materials concerning these engines that will date all the way back to 1959. By 1965 these engines as Alkys (Todays Pro Class engines) were already going in excess of 80 miles per hour and by 1981 were going in excess of 100 miles per hour, setting records where some runs were going up to 107 miles per hour hitting raceboat, prop and other technological barriers in the process.

The first feature will be some introductory materials to the British Anzani racing outboards that will shortly be followed by the complete type written 1959 manual produced by Bill Tenney himself in 1959 for racers purchasing his engines and modifying them for Alky themselves if that is what they wanted to do. Enjoy one of the first "cast iron" blocked loop charged engines that was part of that technological revolution that also produced the Quincy Flathead Loop, The Harrison Loop, The Konig Loop and other hybrid racing engines producing amazing horsepower before there was really the props and raceboats to handle that kind of output.

Enjoy the start to this thread, the entire 1959 Bill Tenney British Anzani manual will follow this opener in a short few days.

In the meantime if there are some posts of pictures and stories you may want to add into this thread, please do. Everyone will be pleased to share your pictures and your experiences.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default BILL TENNEY'S (Aeromarine Co.) SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR BRITISH ANZANI MOTORS 1959

Putting this together for BRF readers and writers was no mean feat. Mark 75H mentioned that I had to get larger but then 50kb size is the limit. To do this with generation re-copied status was quite trying. Thanks to the late and great Gene Strain (Calgary, AB. division of the Alberta Racing Powerboat Assn. of the day) made this possible. Not only did he sell me his well run B - Alky Anzani way back in the early 1980s, it came with this 1959 Bill Tenney's Special Instructions For British Anzani Motors too. When I got them they were terribly faded so there have been so many enhancements done to bring them to their resent hard copy state, I suffer from severe eyestrain!

In any case keeping in mind that there is a 50kb limit to each posted Jpeg, remember they are downloadable from this site and you too can enhance them some more to make them even more readable or get some steno with good googly eyes an old typewriter to redo them fresh save for the wavy lines that are so original.

Enjoy the late and great Bill Tenney's works now following this narrative.

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Next Ba Batch

Next Ba Batch

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Some More Of Bill's Manual

More Of Bill's Manual
    Thanks Douglas M Green thanked for this post

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default And More Of Bill Tenny's Ba Manual

And More Of Bill Tenney's Ba Manual

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default The Last Pages Of Bill Tenney's Manual

The Last Pages Of Bill Tenney's Manual

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Bill Tenney's Last Page Of British Anzani Instructions 1959

BILL TENNEY'S LAST PAGE OF SPECIAL BRITISH ANZANI INSTRUCTIONS 1959.

With any luck and gone really cross eyed with enhancements AGAIN! In about a week or less, there will be featured the British instructions typed on British Anzani office paper on the engines plus a parts and price list from way back then, scanned, ENHANCED and poster here on BRF. Please don't ask me what those British money figures mean when you see them! I know nothing! Since then even they have changed!

Post Thanks / Like

In any case keeping in mind that there is a 50kb limit to each posted Jpeg, remember they are downloadable from this site and you too can enhance them some more to make them even more readable
    Not true. While you may have run into those restrictions on another website we have never limited the file size that small on BRF. 150+kb and 1300pixels by 1300pixels have always been welcome on BRF (I'm not going to say what the limits are set on right now, but it is "adequate"). Your images are being posted at 500 by 500 and 72dpi and cannot be upgraded with anything short of NSA/NRO software

Try giving us 1000 X 1000 at 150 to 200dpi
    Last edited by Mark75H; 07-09-2005 at 06:22 AM.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Thanks Sam - I will do some more for future posts.

It is something else when it comes to black and white scanning. I will give your suggestions a go that way and see what will do the trick. The Anzani maual was a virtual bleach job from the age it was done, printed and copied and I am getting better at desktop publishing, some much can be done these days than even a couple years ago. Thanks Sam.

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Some British Anzani Parts Both Stock Racing And Alky

The following series of posts are a large attempt to identify these engines by powerheads and major components through out the engine. You can see there is some of Bill Tenney's written manual in some of the parts seen here from both A and B Stock and Alky racing in single carb format but in a variety of barrel sizes for the class applied too. Just think? You may have some of these parts getting dusty under your work bench and this can help to identify quite a few components for the readers and writers to this board. If you have some pictures and stories of your own for this section, please add them.

In the meantime, enjoy these picture batches of British Anzani engines and their components.
    Last edited by Mark75H; 07-13-2005 at 07:00 PM.

Thread Information