Likes Likes:  0

Thread: British Anzani A & B Stock & Alky Racing Engines

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Mine are the old style liquid photocopiers we had back then!

The copies I had are the old liquid photo copy type that Gene Strain had and gave to me, because that is all he had from Bill Tenney. He had no others so those copies go back into the 1970s but they could be "Memeo" Gestetner graphics liquid drum printer from earlier than the 1970s, where you would type on a waxed sheet perforating it then separating the layers with one going on the drum that you generously flooded the drum with black carbonized ink you did not want to get on your "liesure suit" ala disco duck days. I am beigining to sound ancient here!!

It would be nice to get Rod and Charles from the UK and another Anzani onwer we can find there to post their stuff on here to fill it all out. I have helped Rod out in the past with his Anzanis and he sent me a complete Crescent 500 Super C powerhead when I mentioned I could sure use the other being the top third of that engine. Rod and Charles are both engine/race enthusiasts there and well known.

Thanks for the MS word conversions. I would like to download and save them, BUT!!! MS WORD is wicked when it comes to macro-viri and that such rubbage and spy junk like that, so what version is yours???? so I can make sure all the doors, windows and drains are closed before I download your work into my MS-Word version to work it??? There is too much weird stuff out there not to do so.

Post Thanks / Like

Word 2000 9.0.6926 with service pack 3

The document has been scanned many times for infection, and you might notice the small file size ..... way too small to carry any malicious script anyway. 17.0 kb
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default I HAVE THEM AS 2/3rds OF A MEG FILES (650,000) STORED NOW BUT

Quote Originally Posted by Mark75H
    Oooof, John you are right, these are pretty rough Even the most expensive professional software can't do much with them.

Do you know who might have the originals? Maybe we can find them and make proper images for posting.

In the mean time, here is a "Word" document text version of the first 3 pages or so ... Compliments of Rod Champkin across the pond in England. We should get him on here too, to add the wisdom he has accumulated from the source side of this marque
    I have them as each being 650K files both Tenney's and Gene Strains copies per page and I reduce them with a Jpeg reducer program to fit the needs of this sites maximums. Thing is that these files could take a larger page space that 1100 X 500 which they are now to a larger re-size but I don't want to use space just to test sizes in case something goes really wrong. You can't treat pages of black on white text the same as you do a regular black and white picture because the densities are wrong and could cut off print you would otherwise see. I could email you a 1/2 meg file and then with what you have you could give me some better resizing peremeters without test posting in webspace otherwise to continue with better seen things on this thread. Want to do some testing on a file to see if you can work it any better large???? Then I could redo the whole batch again for reposting larger.

Believe me when I tell you that the fade of the print was unreal. You had to hold it to a light to see it even being there!! They have been washed through and tested here through Adobe products etc. before I ran them off to my friends copy and art shop and he comments were laughable but that he would try so these are those results. Where there was near zippo there is actually print now. I can see anyone's frustration trying to do anymore with any enhancesments unless they have unlimited hours to do so??? I don't!

Post Thanks / Like

Sure, email them ...I have a high speed cable connection and pretty good image software

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Will Send Page One Of Competition Unitwin Long File This Tuesday Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Mark75H
    Sure, email them ...I have a high speed cable connection and pretty good image software
    I will send a long file of the first page of Anzani Unitwin Competition motor to see what parameters you can experiemnt with to get a decent sizing set for me to re-process the size again for all files to that standard file size I can put all the print pages back on in a chain. Will upload to you shortly for your tests.

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default 75H? File Sizes For Posting? - How did that file go for you?

Had any time to give that half meg file a try?? More like 900K actually wasn't it? Got some revised specs?

I found it very curious that when I downloaded your micro-soft word done pages, you claimed were too small a file to contain any bug of any sort, that my computer here isolated the file and is treating it as an infected one. I love taking that stuff apart to see what malicious code writers are doing these days. Its amazing what a couple of lines can do.

*I am in the process of dismantling and cleaning the transmission for the twin block Anzani C for putting here on BRF soon. It is amazing how being in a garage fire a bit warmed really seals the gaskets to their cement to everything else. Doing that, it seems fitting to polish it too, as it seems to polish a little surface test area quite well.

David_L6

John,

You can e-mail pictures to me also. I have cable internet connection so size is no problem. I doubt seriously that I know as much as Sam does about the software side of things, but we have some pretty good IT folks where I work. Just trying to help us all by getting your pics on here in a size that we can see.

David Woodell

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, John. The text is the same as my document ... there is no reason for me to try to clean it up visually, when we already have the text version

If anyone else finds the text version to show a virus alert, please contact me immediately.

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default David - I will email you a page to give it a go, with thanks!

Thanks for the offer, I will email you a file copy but first I just picked up another spywear intrusion that monitors every keystroke. BRF is very secure so I can post now without injecting here but to anyone else, I got to clean the stacks first before I will send anyone anything. Be with you shortly.

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default For Anzani and For Harrison - "Lodite" casting marking? Current company?

HRP - "Lodite" Castings - Harrison Products For Anzani

In examining all the Anzani pistons both used, new ready and new unfinished, fully half the pistons have the casting marks "HRP" (aka Harrison Racing Products) and "Lodite" on the underside of the pistons skirts. Is "Lodite" the casting company? If so? Does anyone know where they were located and if they are still operating?

Thread Information