Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SST120s at Puddingstone

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SST120s at Puddingstone

SBRA has SST120s on the roster for Puddingstone, March 18, 19 and 20. Last year there were NO SST120s at Puddingstone. Let's change things for this year. I will absolutely be there with my Revolution and I hope to see at least three other boats so we have a class. No matter how many boats show (even if I'm by myself), I've been told we'll get time on the water for testing and be allowed to run a wide line with the COR boats in their races. There's even talk of having an exhibition race against some of the inboard boats (if APBA will allow)! There's at least a half dozen races this year on the West Coast that will run SST120, so come on guys, let's go racing!

Post Thanks / Like

I sure wish the west coast wasn't so far west of here!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jakob77 View Post
    I sure wish the west coast wasn't so far west of here!
    Are you kidding, I wish all the races back there weren't so far away! Lining up with 10 - 15 boats on the dock would be awesome! Congrats again on your win at Kankakee, that was a great race to watch with Shep and his Opti giving it their all to try and catch you!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
    Are you kidding, I wish all the races back there weren't so far away! Lining up with 10 - 15 boats on the dock would be awesome! Congrats again on your win at Kankakee, that was a great race to watch with Shep and his Opti giving it their all to try and catch you!!!
    And thanks again for the pictures. They were great!

Anytime you want to make the drive back this way with your boat, we'd love to have you race with us. It'd be great to get some of the guys from here to make the trip out there. Racing somewhere new is always fun. However, if the gas prices don't settle down a little, it's really going to cut down on the traveling this summer. $3.26 here today....

Mark

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you liked them Mark, that was the first outing with my girlfriend's new18 megapixel Canon. Funny you talk about wanting a race out west, I was just talking to Fairchild today about the possibility of getting San Diego back on the roster. Doesn't sound like it will be any time soon for Champ, but they do run 120s there! Of all the venues out here, that's the one to come to with the Unlimited Hydros and the beautiful city of San Diego. Of all the races back where you guys are, I'd definetly like to bring my boat back to Kankakee. I'm sure it will happen some day, but my business will have to pick back up before that happens.............. Dale

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'd like to stay away from salt water.

Kankakee is fun. Lots of boats, narrow course, and longish straight aways.

9 times out of 10, Marietta, OH is a great race. Great town and a lot of fans. The people in that town really appreciate it when we show up and they look forward to it all year.

Pittsburgh is neat too. The water is pretty rough, but the amount of people watching is just awesome to see. In 2009, I had no idea how many people were there until we got up on stage for the awards. I had to stop and just look up and down the shoreline for a minute.

Even though I only raced there once, I think Trenton is a pretty nice race, too. I hope to make it there this year.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I just talked to Dean Wilson and he said there is a race at Parker in April that some of you guys from the midwest are talking about coming to. I didn't ask who he had talked to, but if some of you guys come out for that one I'll make the 10 hour trek down there with mine!

As for Puddingstone, so far it's me and Dean Wilson confirmed. I hope we can get at least 2 other boats to make a class for this first race of the year.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

So far we have three SST120s for Puddingstone; me, Dean Wilson and John Soare's boat with Steve Wilson driving. It's a start to getting this class going again on the West coast!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's great to have someone trying to get this class going. I wish you all the luck and hope to see 120's on the west coast soon.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dawe22 View Post
    I think it's great to have someone trying to get this class going. I wish you all the luck and hope to see 120's on the west coast soon.
    Thanks Steve, I'm gonna' give it my all! RJ was at my house today helping with my steering re-rig and I for sure will have my boat ready and there. I look forward to seeing all you guys in March.

Thread Information