Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How about some NEW rules???

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default How about some NEW rules???

Why not have a race where classes are combined and the only passing would be on the OUTSIDE...Racing would be ON SUNDAY ONLY....Saturdays would be for FAMILY, FRIENDS and FUN....

Think about Chowchilla this weekend....

Hmmmm...

Chad Hill and YOUNG, BEAUTIFUL WIFE, Cory.....Are going to a birthday party in Fresno...So, Chad convinces his wife he should go to Chowchilla to race....

OK, Chad has a new boat...untested.....So, in order to go to the race and MAYBE have a chance of beating someone, he needs to test...Ok, no testing Saturday, I'm sure as we will need to race for 7 hours to cover the bills for the race and make sure everyone gets POINTS for their classes...

So, Chad wants to go testing on Friday...Hmm, seems in the OLD DAYS people worked on FRIDAY

Now, you test Friday, drive all night Friday to get to the race...race all day, the schedule finishes before dark if you are lucky...Then, you drive back to Freson and go to the birthday party??????

Then, Sunday, you get up and RACE ALL DAY AGAIN..... Then, you drive -4-6 hours home....

Why am I coming offf so negative????

Because, if the race was SUNDAY....Saturday could be spent getting to the race, making a few test runs and then going to the birthday party...The race would be Sunday, and ONLY Sunday...People could have spent time FOOLING with their boats on Saturday and "HANGING OUT"...

I've never seen anyone show up for a two day race, like show up Saturday night, then race Sunday and WIN....You can't JUST RACE one day...People use Saturday for DIALING IN...So, the poor SOB who worked Saturday and shows up to race is at a disadvantage....

I went to COOPEROPOLIS, and most guys were there FRIDAY. Why...Because that's what it takes to be ready for Saturday Racing...

All that two day races has accomplished is making the RACING MORE EXPENSIVE and made the insurance companies more money...

I cal for a BAn on two day races or at least only allow POINTS FOR ONE WEEKEND....(Nationals/Winter Nationals/ Divisionals...NO)...Weekend races, YES...

We need a cheaper insurance for two days, on testing day, one race day....

ADD CHAD HILL:

Let's see how the weekend goes....Not all women like to stand in the hot sun for 7-8 hours and watch boat races for two days......(Even if their husband IS racing)....

My fear is: The ones that want the points. The ones that want the titles.
    These people don't really want new people in the SPORT. They want new people in the SPORT TO BEAT......

What do we do for the NEW guy?????
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 07-11-2005 at 03:56 PM.

Thread Information