Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RIP Ken Krier

Post Thanks / Like

Default RIP Ken Krier

Connie Payn announced on her facebook account that Ken passed away Tuesday afternoon. More information is posted on Hydro-Racer.

Our sincere condolences go out to the entire Krier family, especially to Rich and Mike.

Ken was their greatest fan.

Rest in peace Kenny!

Say "Hi" to all our buddies at Lake Paradise

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rest in Peace

First time I met Mr. Krier was in Alex in the 60s. He was allways plesant to me. I never hear a bad word about Mr. Krier. Rest in Pease. Joe Rome

Post Thanks / Like

Default RIP Ken

Ken was a very wonderful person and Loved his boat racing family where ever he went. He will be greatly missed by all. To all the Krier family our prayers are with you.

Todd

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you ken

As most of you who know me are aware, one of the three folks most responsible for my success in boat racing (two National Championships, most all the competition records in the class at one time, the Kilo record, and a Hall of Championship induction in 1986) was Harry Pasturczak who built the engines used in those competitions. The ZAK Award that is presented every year by Mike Krier and I, and the other contributors, is given in his name.

Another person is my wife Eileen, and anybody who has a wife that supports their racing, no matter the type, knows how important that relationship is.

The third person most responsible, and just as important as the other two, was Ken Krier. He built all the boats, both Hydros from 1980, and the Runabout I ran in 86, that were instrumental/used in the Championships and records that made the HOC induction possible. Later in 2003, the Hydro that won the 125CC National and World Championship with Tim Brinkman driving, and his HOC induction, also came from his boat shop.

I knew Ken from the late 60's, and everything written about him, both here and on Hydroracer, is a true indication of his worth as both a boat builder/racer for our sport, and as the epitome of a kind and decent human being that I NEVER heard a bad word said about, nor ever heard anything similar come out of his mouth about anyone else.

If anyone could have one wish, it should be to be remembered as Ken will be, not only as someone who contributed greatly to our sport through his boat designing and building efforts, but most of all as one the most decent and good of human beings.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sad News

Sincere condolences to a wondeful racing family. Mr. Krier will be missed by everyone.
    Alan Ishii

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Very sorry to hear of the passing of Ken. God bless the Krier's during this time, and also let them know that Ken was highly regarded by all those who knew him. I saw him and spoke to him at Winterhaven two years ago for the first time in thirty years. He is gone now, but fond memories remain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Van Steenwyk View Post
    As most of you who know me are aware, one of the three folks most responsible for my success in boat racing (two National Championships, most all the competition records in the class at one time, the Kilo record, and a Hall of Championship induction in 1986) was Harry Pasturczak who built the engines used in those competitions. The ZAK Award that is presented every year by Mike Krier and I, and the other contributors, is given in his name.

Another person is my wife Eileen, and anybody who has a wife that supports their racing, no matter the type, knows how important that relationship is.

The third person most responsible, and just as important as the other two, was Ken Krier. He built all the boats, both Hydros from 1980, and the Runabout I ran in 86, that were instrumental/used in the Championships and records that made the HOC induction possible. Later in 2003, the Hydro that won the 125CC National and World Championship with Tim Brinkman driving, and his HOC induction, also came from his boat shop.

I knew Ken from the late 60's, and everything written about him, both here and on Hydroracer, is a true indication of his worth as both a boat builder/racer for our sport, and as the epitome of a kind and decent human being that I NEVER heard a bad word said about, nor ever heard anything similar come out of his mouth about anyone else.

If anyone could have one wish, it should be to be remembered as Ken will be, not only as someone who contributed greatly to our sport through his boat designing and building efforts, but most of all as one the most decent and good of human beings.
    Bill,

Your last paragraph sums it up very well!

Thread Information