Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My McCulloch pics on Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty wild. Do you have any more?
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember a 590 on a runabout ran very well at a major race. Must have been at Alex or Lake Spivey since it was an NOA race (1 man in the boat).

Seems to me Raymond Jeffries was the driver. He caught a lot of "crap" for having an electric starter. Unheard of in those days!

Help me out Joe Rome. Surely you were there.

On a local note, Ron Sprick, the Scot/Mac dealer in Quincy ran a 630 adapted to a "D" Quicksilver L/U on a runabout in wildcat races years ago.

Ron was mentored by Eddie Palmer, an early associate of O.F. Christner. Eddie was the driver of the record setting boat that helped launch the success of Quincy Welding.

Ron ran pretty good with his hybred until the bottom of the boat came unlaminated.

Ron was a big splash that day!

Allen J. Lang

Gene at the 1964 NOA nationals at Lake Spivey, Ray did run a 590 on his runabout. It was the same engine that Jack ran. They were pitted next to each other waiting for Bill Holland and crew to arrive from the OPC nationals. Due to the time, there was no time for any testing or set up. Ray tried to hard and spun out a couple of times. He told me you do not make mistakes like that when running for a manufacturer.
    Thanks for the shots Johnny. Brings back memories. Are you or Dad going to run at all this year?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Al
    In Johns picture--Dick Scopinnich,Bill Fales,Rick Fales Doug Bindrum& with all the hair your truly Pat Wright hahaha

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by racewright View Post
    Hey Al
    In Johns picture--Dick Scopinnich,Bill Fales,Rick Fales Doug Bindrum& with all the hair your truly Pat Wright hahaha
    The other person there is Pete Kruzon. I remember him having a "C" loop and also a 3 cyl. OMC. I think his number was N-10.
    I know my dad has some more pictures from that era somewhere. Problem is, he would have to scan them and when he gets too much "Tech" time on a computer he has about the same patience level as he would get when trying to set the gap on breaker points while someone pitted next to him was running a 20-H conversion on a test wheel.
    Al. my dad is working on a boat he may run this year (perhaps) and I am still building boat molds along with both kids in little leauge. That may explain my plans for the near future anyway,
    Johnny

Allen J. Lang

Hi Pat. It was good to see some of the old crowd back in the day.

Hi Johnny, yes Pete Kruszon was N-10. That was the CRR rig I sold him.

Hey guys, thanks for the postings and comments.

Thread Information