Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inflation 2011:

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The man who handles my money says most of the money managers are concerned with deflation at this time and they don't see inflation as being a threat until a couple of years down the line. The increases in oil are fueling the other commodity price rices and since all oil is priced in dollars, the decline of the dollar is causing the prices to go up.

What we are currently in seems to be more of a Jimmy Carter phenomena, when they coined the term "stagflation". Prices are rapidly rising while incomes remain stagnant. But hold on to your hat, because with the way Obama and the Democrats have spent our money we are in for inflation down the road like you've never seen. Like David says "Yet". And Powerabout is correct when he says that inflation is how governments reduce debt. The interest on our national debt is around 25% now. I think we are sending about 100 million a day to the Chinese. Yet what is our interest rate? Currently rates are low. Just imagine how much of our debt will only go to interest alone when the rates go up.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks wayne
    David Bryan

Burgess/Evinrude F1 V8 Lars Strom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well..this one is pretty scary..I do not know if correct or not but look like when I pumpt gas today.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Lars Strom

Life is good

Check my own racing history at BRF...http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ead.php?t=6727

My racing web site SVERA.se....http://svera.se/blogg/paris-6-hours/

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

dont forget the Billion or so dollars sent overseas to buy oil every day
    So which business is making 365 billion a year profit just to square that one up?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Stagflation

My wife called me to come to the kitchen the other day, funny only place in the house she calls me to. She said look at these two packages, same noodles, one 1# package, the other for 13-3/4# package, funny though, she paid the same price, only a few months apart.

75H is right, inflation is not without price/wage combination, but your purchase power is going down the crapper. If you remember Bernake testimony, they said they wanted to get inflation to about 3% which will indeed mask the debt.

Ray

Thread Information