Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BRF QR code

Post Thanks / Like

Default BRF QR code

Its a gadget ... but we might as well use it

Repeating it as an attachment ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ok....

But WTF?

Post Thanks / Like

CNN Just had an article about QR Codes.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/TECH/mob...des.marketing/
    - Craig "Dew"
    Flyer Race Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is This The New Google?

I guess I still don't understand, yet!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a definition of what the QR Code is.

A QR code (short for Quick Response) is a specific matrix barcode (or two-dimensional code), readable by dedicated QR barcode readers and camera phones. The code consists of black modules arranged in a square pattern on a white background. The information encoded can be text, URL or other data.

QR codes are now used in a much broader context, including both commercial tracking applications and convenience-oriented applications aimed at mobile phone users (known as mobile tagging). QR codes can be used to display text to the user, to add a vCard contact to the user's device, to open a URI or to compose an email or text message. Users can also generate and print their own QR codes for others to scan and use by visiting one of several free QR code generating sites.

QR codes storing addresses and URLs may appear in magazines, on signs, buses, business cards, or on just about any object about which users might need information. Users with a camera phone equipped with the correct reader application can scan the image of the QR Code to display text, contact information, connect to a wireless network, or open a web page in the phone's browser. This act of linking from physical world objects is known as a hardlink or physical world hyperlinks.

Google's mobile Android operating system supports QR codes by natively including the barcode scanner (ZXing) on some models, and the browser supports URI redirection, which allows QR Codes to send metadata to existing applications on the device. Nokia's Symbian operating system is also provided with a barcode scanner, which is able to read QR codes,[3] while mbarcode [4] is a QR code reader for the Maemo operating system. In the Apple iOS, a QR code reader is not natively included, but over 50 free Apps are available with reader and metadata browser URI redirection capability.
    - Craig "Dew"
    Flyer Race Boats

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default QR Codes

Quote Originally Posted by Dew1us View Post
    Here is a definition of what the QR Code is.

A QR code (short for Quick Response) is a specific matrix barcode (or two-dimensional code), readable by dedicated QR barcode readers and camera phones. The code consists of black modules arranged in a square pattern on a white background. The information encoded can be text, URL or other data.

QR codes are now used in a much broader context, including both commercial tracking applications and convenience-oriented applications aimed at mobile phone users (known as mobile tagging). QR codes can be used to display text to the user, to add a vCard contact to the user's device, to open a URI or to compose an email or text message. Users can also generate and print their own QR codes for others to scan and use by visiting one of several free QR code generating sites.

QR codes storing addresses and URLs may appear in magazines, on signs, buses, business cards, or on just about any object about which users might need information. Users with a camera phone equipped with the correct reader application can scan the image of the QR Code to display text, contact information, connect to a wireless network, or open a web page in the phone's browser. This act of linking from physical world objects is known as a hardlink or physical world hyperlinks.

Google's mobile Android operating system supports QR codes by natively including the barcode scanner (ZXing) on some models, and the browser supports URI redirection, which allows QR Codes to send metadata to existing applications on the device. Nokia's Symbian operating system is also provided with a barcode scanner, which is able to read QR codes,[3] while mbarcode [4] is a QR code reader for the Maemo operating system. In the Apple iOS, a QR code reader is not natively included, but over 50 free Apps are available with reader and metadata browser URI redirection capability.
    OK Craig, for us old guys, "what the heck did you say"? Just kidding, well documented. Hope all is well.

Post Thanks / Like

For the old people here

Think of it as a shortcut icon that you need a phone/tablet equipped with a camera to scan to take you to the location encoded in it.

In other news about the QR it seems Google might be pulling its support as it deems it to not be useful. We will see what come of it.

PS. John everything is going good.. Just counting down the days till I have no more freedom.
    - Craig "Dew"
    Flyer Race Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bull....

Quote Originally Posted by John Schubert T*A*R*T View Post
    OK Craig, for us old guys, "what the heck did you say"? Just kidding, well documented. Hope all is well.

"JUST KIDDING"???? I say BULL S&*T!!! John explain it to me!

I think I understand the concept....by the time I will really understand it, they'll have something new!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    "JUST KIDDING"???? I say BULL S&*T!!! John explain it to me!

I think I understand the concept....by the time I will really understand it, they'll have something new!
    Ron, Like any technology with in 6 months it is outdated.
    - Craig "Dew"
    Flyer Race Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Default You Are Right....

I went to a boat shop that was going out of business after 50 years. He had moved last year, and business dropped off, and he blamed the great Recession....I bought several thousand dollars worth of stuff and was telling a friend about the sale.

I went on line and looked up this company. They had the OLD address and the OLD phone number. I called the number and there was no new number....

I went with my friend to the shop and asked the owner where his computer was...............You know the answer....He didn't need no damn computer....and he didn't need a business!

MY BROTHER AND I STOPPED AT A PROP SHOP THAT WAS GOING OUT OF BUSINESS. THE SHOP HAD BEEN THERE SINCE MY BROTHER WAS A KID.
    I looked around at the equipment and over heard the owner tell someone, "No, I don't e-mail and I'm not going to..."

Not that we are SMARTER than others, but for the first three months this year, we doubled last year's sales. Hill Marine's Signature Propellers with Chad Hill as President has taken my little business to another level. Technology is a BIG part of our growth...Hard work and luck help too!

Chad has completely build a stainless steel investment foundry by buying equipment over the internet.

First picture is a 35 POUND BIG COW BRAVO II PROP, THE PROPS IN THE BACK OF MY TRUCK WERE POURED LAST NIGHT AND ARE HEADING FOR BROACHING.

I guess I could see this CODE on our prop, someone in the world wanting one would use the code for a world wide search?????
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information