Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Trevett photo collection

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default more please

Great pictures Sam !!!!!!!!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to thank Sam he has been very helpful He is a Great stewart of the sport I hope you all enjoy the pictures This is my frist post but have been a viewer for a long time
    To Ron Hill I know you and was a fan you lived in Garden Grove up the street from Pacifica High School I use to vist your house I would walk home and swing by Later in Life I drove for Chuck Story 21 Elimator mod vp and also drove a sport c grand prix 444 we also bought a sst 45 grand prix

Post Thanks / Like

The top boat was an unusual color painted Arrowcraft.

The bottom boat was known as the little black bastxxx They had built it to run a single 4 cyl very light All the other boats had longatudial sringer only no side bulk heads except at the dash On this boat they used a egg create structure on the bottom a couple of side bulk heads moved the dash back and cut the front deck My dad was playing with the bottom at our house Dad & Uncle George picked it up off the trailer and turned it over I was amazed The boat wa a real hand full to drive and a very rough ride
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Mark75H; 04-06-2011 at 06:48 PM.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the black boat again they had decided to run it in the Catlina race about 1/2 way they turned around and headed back to Long Beach seems the light construction was not up to the task at hand the bottom busted out of it Proved to be the last race for the little black boat as it sunk at the launch ramp waiting for the trailer
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

We are really lucky Mike has these pictures to share with us ... very few pics of the WOA era have surfaced so far

Post Thanks / Like

Those are totally cool..

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to bring this thread to the top I have a bunch of pics from the early 60's powercats stylecrafts I am not very computer savy I would be glad to e mail them to someone Sam posted the last ones but I cant seem to get ahold of him my health is not good and I would hate to loose these My kids dont have a clue Danny Powercat my partner worked for your dad back when when the boats were wood and men were men He worked with Arkie Ray Eddie Morrienze Jimmie Parker Dave Bell Chuck Marassua Dick Shuster We built a 22 whaler at Double Eagle boats and leasted the mold to your uncle Bobby Brown at Advenger back in the late 70's or early 80's

Post Thanks / Like

Default Send The Pictures To Me

Ron Hill
    Hill MArine
    2683 Halladay Street
    Santa Ana, CA 92705

Or give me your address and I can send a UPS pick up label if you can get them boxed.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  cat628.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  170.9 KBName:  cat633.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  139.0 KB
    Mike:
    Here are some photos of the hydralic jack and afterplane set-up like we used them on the Power Cats. This is a "survivor" race boat
    that was found near Dallas, Tx.
    Danny Leger
    Austin, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Mark75H View Post
    Mac and dad rigged up jsck system and dad could sit up front
    They were good friends with Ray Ledger owner of Powercat he had told them about a hydrulic system he was using a jack at driver seat and a ram at the transom it worked quite well and helped the boat to plane after it was up you could go to the next pin hole and dad could stay in his seat
    Dad really liked that he didnt hate the boat near as bad
    Thus the orginal power trim
    Ray had told them about a aircraft salvage company in Long Beach that had ram you could adapt to the transom think it was a flap motor of some sort but they had a hundred of them
    Upon testing they found without a tilt pin everytime you backed off throttle the engine would trail out My mom was a nurse and told dad about a surgical rubber they used in operating room brought home a roll (hope she paid for it) It worked great
    The jack at the driver seat had a handle welded in twist to lock the jack Mac worked it out to be 1 pin hole each pump of the jack and would shim the down position so the motor wouldnt drop below the 2nd pin hole
    As far as the surgical rubber tube went they would run a number of lengths from ski eyes across the down housing and would smear grease on down housing to aid in turning
    Result Dad could sit in seat and not have to move but if mac got behind he would still yell at dad get in the back

Thread Information