Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Aqua Marine, The Shaw Family

Post Thanks / Like

Default Aqua Marine, The Shaw Family

Dave Bryan and I were in Henerson, Nevada last week, 11/2010, and we saw a boat shop that seemed interesting to me. We stopped and talked to "Ken" then I went in the office and met Ken's wife. Ken had said his dad knew me but it didn't ringa bell. Kenny Shaw rang a bell but not. As I looked at the boat racing pictures on the wall, Lee Shaw did sound familiar.

I then went out in the yard, and Lee Shaw walked up. He's about my age, and we started talking. He had raced against me in the Chicago to Milwaukee Marathon in 1967 and '68. He ran a Glastron with twim Mercs.

We talked racing for quite awhile. He mentioned Joe Haybay winning in 1968 with the Souter V Bottom...

The family moved to Henderson, Nevada, 25 years ago. Kenny and Rachel's son was less than a year old then.
    Total serendipity this day was. I met Kenny Shaw face to face, met the whole family and re-newed my friendship with Less Shaw.

Trust me Aqua Marine can fix boats. The irony, Dave Bryan's grandson's bass boat was in their shop for repair.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 12-29-2010 at 10:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I just learned something-there are apparently two Kenny Shaws. The other is a white guy from Ill. His dad Art ran NOA-OPC , Kenny won Mod VP at Havasu in 1979 with a factory-sponsored 161 c.i. Johnson on a 20' Allison(I had a factory sponsored 161 c.i. Evinrude on a 20' Allison, but only ran 3rd behind smoking Al Stoker, who was always up front!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    Dave Bryan and I were in Henerson, Nevada last week, 11/2010, and we saw a boat shop that seemed interesting to me. We stopped and talked to "Ken" then I went in the office and met Ken's wife. Ken had said his dad knew me but it didn't ringa bell. Kenny Shaw rang a bell but not. As I looked at the boat racing pictures on the wall, Lee Shaw did sound familiar.

I then went out in the yard, and Lee Shaw walked up. He's about my age, and we started talking. He had raced against me in the Chicago to Milwaukee Marathon in 1967 and '68. He ran a Glastron with twim Mercs.

We talked racing for quite awhile. He mentioned Joe Haybay winning in 1968 with the Souter V Bottom...

The family moved to Henderson, Nevada, 25 years ago. Kenny and Rachel's son was less than a year old then.
    Total serendipity this day was. I met Kenny Shaw face to face, met the whole family and re-newed my friendship with Less Shaw.

Trust me Aqua Marine can fix boats. The irony, Dave Bryan's grandson's bass boat was in their shop for repair.

Thread Information