Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New motor need help on set up

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lucky13 View Post
    If i keep both hands on the wheel I can keep it strate with a lot of steering for a while. Its picken up speed the whole time Im triming out till it gets to scary and i back off. It seems like I could 60 mph if it would stay strate.
    Sorry, my son logged in, I deleted this post.
    SJ
    Why would anybody want a Yamaha when there's an E-Tec?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lucky13 View Post
    If i keep both hands on the wheel I can keep it strate with a lot of steering for a while. Its picken up speed the whole time Im triming out till it gets to scary and i back off. It seems like I could 60 mph if it would stay strate.
    Listen, without tight steering you don't need to run 60 mph, 'scary' is not what you want.

One of my brothers has a stern-drive non-pad V with tight steering, I can hang the boat
    on the tail, 63 mph, and I don't like the way that it feels. Without tight steering I wouldn't try to run it fast, period.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rock and Roll

First of all there is nothing wrong with a full v bottom and you do infact have a pad it the outside of the two strakes I doubt very seriously at 50 to 60 you have run out of bottom
    You do want to make sure your steering tight Secound you should install a w/p gauge a speedo and a tach My hunch is you have very little seat time in the boat I am thinking you start up on the trim button and just keep going you have the right idea going tell you feel the problem then down just a tap let it stablize You said you cant feel any tourque on the wheel you should feel some so once its stablized turn wheel against torque of the motor until you feel it in athe wheel then bump trim up you will fill differance in pressure if it starts to drive boat off the strakes a quick movement against tourque will general hold it up on the pad (strake) A easy way to see what this should feel like is to drive boat against current or into the wind with the nose about quarter into with the non torque side against the current or wind (acts like a training wheel and will let you feel what its like) I think if you get some seat time and a feel of what the boat is doing you will master it Two other suggestions you are probley triming to quick and to high If the engine is to low or to high props weight etc I think you were wrong moving weight forward I would go back to orginal set up and spend some time getting to know the boat

Thread Information