Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 15'2 Coastal

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same boat with a 40 yamaha that run 60 62 allday long need to take as much as u can out the ft and i have light boat
    That sounds amazingly fast. Are you using a GPS or what for these readings?

Ive been amazed before at how fast some boats can go, but 62 mph out of this style boat and only 40 hp seems a bit faster than reality.

Conrad

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fast craft

My lil brother has a 15' Fast Craft w/60 Merc, runs in the low 50's. It's a light boat. I've got a heavy new floor.

Post Thanks / Like

My lil brother
    Costal, If your little brother is lighter than you and his boat is lighter to boot then I could easily see more speed out of his boat.

It sounds like you got your motor up where it should be, but I'm guessing your total weight is higher then your brothers.

Good luck and nice boat
    Conrad

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Coastal

Yes, I'm sure my boat is much heavier than my bro's just posting in relation to the 40 hp, 60-62 mph post. R/Chip

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Speed

43 is still pretty fast in my opinion sitting so close to the water, maybe seems faster :-), just when I hit those long straight aways, I'd like her to lift. Might just have to settle for now as I fish more than just ride. It's a good compromise. R/Chip

Post Thanks / Like

You are very correct. 43 MPH will feel very fast on water. I have a 150hp pushing a 14 foot boat 70 mph. My friends that dont boat think that its no big deal since they can drive their Civic 80mph on the freeway while eating a cheeseburger and talking on the phone.

On the water low to the water line things "feel" very very fast. Thats why its fun

Ive taken my friends out and gotten them just above 60 in my little boat and they start yelling slow down And most of them thought we were going 90 mph

In my opinion your doing well with your set up. Of course every set up including mine can be tweeked just a bit more to get more performance.

Conrad

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal View Post
    43 is still pretty fast in my opinion sitting so close to the water, maybe seems faster :-), just when I hit those long straight aways, I'd like her to lift. Might just have to settle for now as I fish more than just ride. It's a good compromise. R/Chip

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Coastal

43mph is stock speed for a 40hp motor if your setup is right remember my motor is not stock and the boat is the light boat ever build it is setup and prop

Thread Information