Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: "you will never get that to break 18mph"

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "you will never get that to break 18mph"

ok all i think this will have you all asking why?? well maybe i can explain. i am a tournament fisherman and we have a limited hp lake here that is 14,000 acres and can get real windy and choppy. so i decided to build a bass boat that will take the waves and sacrafice the speed that others are getting out of there 20hp motors. well after redoing this 1985 shadow 200vt and putting a 31.8 on her i actually was getting 16mph with two guys and a light tournament load. well after messing with omc and mich whell props found one that is actually getting us up to 20mph gps, the prop is an omc 10x8 after upgrading my carb (thanks to all you go fast guys) i have that speed at 5200rpms with alot of slip til 5200 but still amazing to me what this boat does. but of course i think can get more out of her. so after reading you posts i have been trying to a raceing 31.8 and see what she will do. just want to give a big thank you to ron and ted for having such an awesome site for guys to go faster also thank you to all of you for your posts
    jerry
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information