Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: The Attwood Contour seat saga

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Attwood Contour seat saga

Last fall I ordered a pair of the cool looking light blue Attwood Contour style seats for my Carlson Contender project.

When they arrived they were each defective in a different way (one had torn fabric because it was pulled too tightly when it was fastened) and slightly different shades of medium blue. One was a neutral light blue and the other was slightly darker and more toward purple in shade ... so I sent them back.

Last week I decided I was ready for the seats again and ordered another pair from another seller. The seats arrived amazingly quickly ... but they were color mis-matched again - and one of them had something loose inside and rattles like a baby toy.

I contacted the seller and was very politely told they would look into the color situation and get back to me. They did, very promptly, telling me that it appeared that only the darker shade was available, they'd send me a label and I could return the lighter seat and they'd send out another darker one so I'd have 2 that matched. I got the return label in the mail Saturday.

This morning I sent off the light colored seat ... this afternoon another light colored seat arrived.

All 4 seats had the same part/color number. Attwood is stupid to have 2 different shades circulating at the same time without marking them for match.
    Last edited by Mark75H; 05-31-2011 at 06:29 PM.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Seller customer service tried to intercept the light blue seat to send it back to me ... but it had already arrived back at the warehouse. UPS must have wings on their trucks these days.

BoatRacingFacts VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Default seats

might sound crazy, but go online, order SEM vinyl paint (not dye) and paint those seats whatever color you want, and buy the satin clear to go over it. they will outlast you!!!

it is a phenomenal product. i have some surface prep product to use if you want it and you come into my area.

thanks

ronny jetmore

Post Thanks / Like

The winged truck has already delivered the color matching seat. You will like it when you see it.

Thread Information