Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mexico MOD-VP 2011 Season

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sure Looks Fun..

Until three years ago, I went to Mexico about three or four times a year. When my daughter graduated from high school, I tok her and 7 friends to Mexico for ten days, tha was 20 years ago.

I'd love t come to one of your races, but I no longer to go to Mexico because I fear for my life.

Keep up the good fight. Maybe, in a few years we'll come down and race with you.

I sure miss seeing Ganaro Garcia at our races, he is quite a gentleman.

Keep posting, we are interested in your race for sure!

LLANOS Racing Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Racing in Mexico, fun & safe.

Dear Mr. Ron Hill,

I know that you see via news media the huge problems Mexico is having facing the drug war. Finally we do have a President that is encouraged to stop the issues of our country and It will continue until the erradication of this drug cartels cell or "Narcos".

But this problem, this fight is on our north side of the country.

In the states where the races are held there are no problems like this.
    Quintana Roo is one of the safest places in Mexico. Tabasco & Veracruz have military presence and things have gone better.

Hopefully for this 2012, Racing Season we are going to have a project mid July - August for a race in Cancun, (here things are perfectly normal, thank God).

Some good news for Mexican Powerboat Racing, is that Mr. Genaro Garcia, is now in the "Federacion Mexicana de Motonauticas" (Mexican Racing Federation) Hall of Fame.

Also the Racing Family is growing,
    Genaro's Garcia's son, Genaro Garcia Jr. also a really good friend of mine is eager to start Racing, he will begin his racing career with a Hydrostream Viper for the OB2000 category.

Other racing family that is returning are the Filigrana's from Tabasco, they are returning with 3 Mod Vp's Mirage Jaguar & 2 Hydrostreams the Viking & Vector.

The creation of a new category of V4 engines.

The presence of bigger and better sponsors national companies such as: Tecate, Suzuki, Coca Cola & New Mix.

We will keep you posted on the 2012 Racing Season of the SUPERLANCHAS.

Best Regards,

Jorge Llanos L.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We wish Federacion Mexicana de Motonauticas a very successful season Jorge, and look forward to pictures and results. I hope your president has much success in his fight against the narcos, but unfortunately I think it will last beyond his term. I hope your next President continues. Here, we have and Attorney General that has just added to the problem, but hopefully we will take care of that by the end of the year. A bunch of us in the community we live would take the hour and a half drive to shop and eat in Nueveo Laredo several times a year. It's been awhile since we did that. Glad to hear things are better further south. We don't get that news on our Television.

I did an exhibition race in Acapulco in 1980 and the officials and everyone there were very gracious and hospitable. It was one of my racing experiences I will never forget. The President of FMM at the time also sent a representative to Laredo to watch a race we held, and he also helped us out with a letter to UIM in 1978 regarding a fuel situation. In addition FMM supplied us with licenses for American drivers to participate under the Mexican Flag in the past. So I feel somewhat of a kinship with your racers down there and wish you well. I would love to drive Rio Balsas with Ron Hill some day.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rio Balsas

Ganaro, if I'm no mistaken, was a USC graduate. He came to Havasu and Parker with a pretty large pit crew. My Spanish in those days was "NO WAYNO". (Now days I can hold my own with the average Spanish speaker). Garno's friends all spoke perfect, well good English.

Seems, as I recall, Ganaro helped start Sir Speedy Print. I knew Ganaro's family were silver miners among other ventures.

Ganaro would alwasy ask me to come to his house and stay a MONTH. He'd say come and we can race Rio Balsas. Well, I never went. Finally, one year, Ganaro said, "Ron, I'm mad at you and I've never inviting you again, because you never come anyway."

I said, "Ganaro, I ACTUALLY have to work for a living."

Somehow Teddy Whalen and Ganaro became friends. Teddy went to Mexico and drove in several races. Teddy said, "On my first trip, I took a taxi to the address I had. The driver dropped me off at the address I had. I went inside and asked for Ganaro.......After about 15 minutes they said go to the 32 floor. That was Ganaro's office, he also owned the building."

It is great to hear of his Sports honor. Also, it is cool to hear his son will be racing. Until we "MERGE" with Mexico, I won't be traveling that way soon....

LLANOS Racing Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2012 Powerboat Racing Season of the "SUPERLANCHAS" (Mod - Vp & Turbines) Starts!!!

In front of thousands of spectators the successful start of the National Motonautique Championship in Veracruz, inside a frame of festivities of the “Virgen de la Candelaria” where more than 26 Mexico’s most powerful Racing Powerboats reunited.
    The fraternity between the outboard and turbine teams gave a great result of another spectacular event with great sportsmanship, genuine competence. The race event was organized by the “Club Nautico del Golfo, A.C.” with the Championship modalities of River Marathon and Enduro Racing, 4th and 5th of February.

From Friday 3rd the arrival of many Racing Powerboats reunited at the pit zone where a ramp was build by the host team solely for this Gran Prix of Tlacotalpan.
    From noon the testing and practice the whole town saw runs. And afterwards a great welcome engagement aboard a boat platform that was anchored in front of Tlacotalpan town, with spectacular view to the main stage where the popular Mexican singer – actress Yuri, gave a great show. There also was held the welcoming VIP party by the District President of Tlacotalpan, C.P. Hilario Villegas.

The night was very pleasant, reining the already mentioned brotherhood of all the teams involved.
    For the people that doesn’t know the deep end of this extreme sport, is worth to mention that although this extreme sport is held in a professional matter, every Racing Powerboat is property of the pilot that tripulates and assists it by their own means, without economic remuneration. For this and many other reasons each Racing Event gives a result a sportsmanship spectacle highly competitive.

River Marathon Race, Saturday 4th was held the River Race, starting from Tlacotalpan to the town of Carlos A. Carrillo and back over the Papaloapan River, where pilots and co pilots faced calmed waters, shallows and superficial trees.
    The race was a thrill for the turbines as for the outboards the speed was quite similar of the “SUPERLANCHAS” and the skill of the copilots determined who would be the winners, that way the team of Andres Wilson and Erick Medellin obtained the Absolute Win, followed closely by “Fantasma III” of Estuardo Beltrán and Manuel Villafaña and in 3rd position “Peke Cascafita” of Virgilio and Daniela García.
    Only 6 seconds of difference came the “Sobredosis” of Charles Large and Hugo de la Vega from the Club Motonáutica México, they left their first place aspirations just a few meters away from the finish line due to the empty fuel tank.
    In other part maybe the fastest “SUPERLANCHA” of the event was the “Mrs. General Lee” of Íñigo Barquín and Javier Tapia, they had problems in their steering system, lost control of the Racing Powerboat and ended up, outside of the river. Luckly the incident had no consequences and the team arrived by their own strength to the finish line.

River Results
    FX Category
    1. Andrés Wilson / Erich Medellín
    2. Estuardo Beltrán / Manuel Villafaña
    Small Block Category
    1. Virgilio García / Daniela García
    2. Charles Large / Hugo de la Vega
    3. Ángel Cárcoba / David Gallardo

Formula 4 Category
    1. Juan Antonio Salgado / Arturo Salgado
    2. Jazmín Agüeros / Yazia Agüeros / Antonio Agüeros
    3. Jaime Lara / Fidel Lara

OB2000
    1. Jorge Llanos Lezama / Sol Llanos Lezama
    2. Ángel Gustavo Ficachi / Casto Márquez
    3. Roberto Bahena López / Roberto Bahena Jr.

OB3000
    1. Miguel Ángel Santiago /
    2. Martín Alemán / Ángel Zarracino
    3. Marcelino Alemán / Roberto López

The ENDURO
    Impressive spectacle gave specially the SUPERLANCHAS outboards in 3 tremendous heats in wich together with the turbines thrilled thousands of assistants, an impressive “agarron” / duel between Jorge Llanos on board the STV “Rey de Reinas” and Martin Aleman in his Stoker “Taz” and Roberto Bahena Laser 380 “Halloween”.
    The 3 heats were full of adrenaline, euphoric cheers and the beautiful Tlacotalpan on the background, while the official narrator, Mr. Gabriel Saavedra narrated with big enthusiasm what was happening in the Racing Circuit.

ENDURO RESULTS:

Formula 4 Category
    1. Jaime Lara
    2. Juan Antonio Salgado Ponce
    3. Jazmín Agüeros

OB2000
    1. Jorge Llanos Lezama
    2. Roberto Bahena
    3. Daniel Sánchez

OB3000
    1. Martín Alemán
    2. Miguel Ángel Santiago
    3. Marcelino Alemán
    FX Category
    1. Andrés Wilson

Small Block Category
    1. Virgilio García
    2. Aarón Salcedo
    3. Ángel Cárcoba

At the end of the event, again on board the beautiful boat platform, prepared specially for the event by Club Náutico del Golfo, was held the awards ceremony and delicious food by C.P. Hilario Villegas, of Tlacotalpan, who personally delivered the award trophies to the winning pilots and acknowledgements for all participants.

We also have new pilots such as: José Luis Varela from Tampico, Tamaulipas, the debut of Jazmín Agüeros as pilot and her sister Yazia as co pilot.
    In representation of the Federación Mexicana de Motonáuticas, A.C. were with us his president Florentino Olmedo López in quality also of official Judge, Juan Espinosa as technical inspector, Javier Sarabia as official referee and Alfredo Castrillón, president of the Club Chapultepec.
    The organizing committee was directed by Norma Alemán Alor of Club Náutico del Golfo.
    Also the participation of: Sergio Alemán, Patricio Ramírez, José Luis Varela, Ángel David Méndez, Juvencio Villegas, Uriel Alemán, Jorge Cornelio Alor, José Antonio Romero Centurión, Adolfo Ruiz, Miguel Reyes, Íñigo Barquín, Javier Tapia, Rafael Pagés, Roberto Cruz, Ignacio Roque Caballero, Mauricio Quintana, José Alemán Alor e Ileana Alaminca.

What is next.
    The next racing date of the National Motonautique Championship will be in the cities of Frontera and Jonuta, with the magical return of the Tabasco Motonautique.
    We already have a lot of inscriptions and a big number of competitors for what is certain to be another succesfull sportsmanship event.
    The Gran Prix of Jahuactal and 50 Miles of the Usumacinta, LLANOS Racing Team with Junction with Club Motonáutica México are organizing this GP, we expect to do great in our first racing event organizers debut.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys down in Mexico have it (Mod-VP) going pretty darn well. Don`t screw it up like we did.

DB

LLANOS Racing Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SUPERLANCHAS Second Racing Serial - 25 & 26th February - GP Jahuactal, Tabasco. MX

Thunder! in Tabasco,
    A Great Expectancy has generated between the most laureled pilots that compete for the National Championship (2 modalitities: River & Enduro), of the "SUPERLANCHAS" the magical return to Tabasco, and the confirmation of great loval leyends such as Francisco Filigrana & Balin Mena among others.

Such is the case of the ex president of the "Federacion Mexicana de Motonauticas" who will race on board the #26 "Fantasma III" the world champions, Virgilio Garcia on board the "Cascafita", Uriel Aleman from Minatitlan and Antonio Agüeros, who will premiere use a new Laser boat.
    Some attention for the Rookie sensation Jorge Llanos Lezama and his "Rey de Reinas #169 that this year impose conditions on the first racing day that was held in Tlacotalpan, Veracruz.

The same contingent team of Veracruz has assembled and confirmed 15 "SUPERLANCHAS"to the next racing day, leaded by Martin Aleman Toledo, they will seek for success.

In the Turbine special racing boats that use Nascar engines, the fight will be close dueled between Charles Large & Hugo de La Vega on board the "Sobredosis - Viva Tabasco" and Angel Carcoba in #55, Estuardo Beltran and Mauricio Quintana on board the "Chiapaneca".

The Enduro is programmed to start at 1200 hours in the port city of Frontera, Tabasco. Mexico.

And the River Marathon will be held in Sunday, more than 200 kilometers from Frontera to Jonuta and back, It will be a great Racing Weekend.

Be in the Know with LLANOS Racing Team and the Powerboat World of Mexico.

LLANOS Racing Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mod - Vp growing strong

Quote Originally Posted by Dabull1919 View Post
    You guys down in Mexico have it (Mod-VP) going pretty darn well. Don`t screw it up like we did.

DB
    We are doing the best with the "Federacion Mexicana de Motonauticas A.C" and various clubs affiliated to it, like Motonautica Deportiva de Mexico of Charles Large, Nautica del Golfo, the Aleman family of Veracruz, and many more. Amongst them LLANOS Racing Team, we.. which now are making the debut as family team & organicers of the next racing serial of the 2012 SUPERLANCHAS Calendar.
    we already have confirmed 42 of Mexico's finest powerboats (Mod Vp and Turbines), it's going to be a great event.
    We've had the support of the Tabasco government, two districts: Centla and Jonuta.
    It's a great event because Tabasco in the golden age of Mod Vp supported with many pilots and racing boats to the National Racing Powerboats, so it's great to return here after 10 years of not making races here.
    So, wish us Luck for the Mod Vp and the "SUPERLANCHAS" to keep growing to a level where we will be able to include an invitational category for foreign pilots. with support of sponsors and government. Hopefully we can still grow.
    Mod - Vp is not going strong only in Mexico, also in Puerto Rico, South Africa, Argentina and Venezuela are going strong, River Marathons like the 1000km of Argentina can be the uphill for the Mod - Vp.
    for the next World River Marathon, Mexico will be host for the 2013, hopefully many Mod Vp's will compete

Best Regards,
    Jorge Llanos Lezama

Thread Information