Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 60 EFI FORMULARACE from Mercury Marine

Burgess/Evinrude F1 V8 Lars Strom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A short video from Paris, France..this is before Oskar #44 Merc engine goes in to "safe mode"..even the other boat in the video had the same problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouVID7P8Sk4
    Lars Strom

Life is good

Check my own racing history at BRF...http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ead.php?t=6727

My racing web site SVERA.se....http://svera.se/blogg/paris-6-hours/

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Rick,

If Mercury wants to start a new class, use your own money, not ours ( APBA $ )
    The APBA has wasted a small fortune on this class already.

The SST 45 is the strongest class in tunnel boat racing, 42 boats Raced last year and over 30 boats have Raced this year.

This class has been stong for over 23 years and will be the largest class at Bay City.
    A used turn key can be bought for about $4,000- $8,000, and plenty of parts are available.
    Not $25,000 - $30,000

Oh, buy the way the 45 class was started on OMC's dollar !!

Bud Nollman
    APBA 9793

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The way it works is this....................

Since Boat Racing was successful for a period of time under this sanctioning regime, the present outlook is the things that are wrong could not be the responsibility of anyone else, so the members should be the ones to pay to correct the problems. Since this is a "member driven" organization I guess that makes the members individually responsible.
    See the 25.00 annual dues increase coming up.

See the "Digital Revolution" and the handling (or not) of the problems with Revolution Boats. It was common knowledge several years ago that there were problems there and nobody wanted to seem to do much about it, or if they were trying it was never publicized. In the meantime a number of folks spent money they will never get any return from, or boats that split in two while cornering.

And I am not sure OMC should get a free pass either on the overall condition of Stock and OPC racing. After all both factories have had their hands in the running of APBA for quite some time, and I think were a lot more interested in the short term marketing advantages of racing rather than the benefit of APBA members. Boat racing was a means to an end with the manufacturers, and I am not sure we should expect anything else with someone who has a profit motive, but where there is a financial interest there is also human nature to manage the rule making so your product comes out the best. See the many "one motor classes" in outboard racing.

I would certainly agree with your take on the 45 class as a very reasonable financial option for the present for someone looking to race, especially with the lack of other reasonably priced alternatives except at present for the PRO Category.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bud6 View Post
    Rick,

If Mercury wants to start a new class, use your own money, not ours ( APBA $ )
    The APBA has wasted a small fortune on this class already.

The SST 45 is the strongest class in tunnel boat racing, 42 boats Raced last year and over 30 boats have Raced this year.

This class has been stong for over 23 years and will be the largest class at Bay City.
    A used turn key can be bought for about $4,000- $8,000, and plenty of parts are available.
    Not $25,000 - $30,000

Oh, buy the way the 45 class was started on OMC's dollar !!

Bud Nollman
    APBA 9793
    Bud, Mercury does not "want" this class. Racers in Europe want the class and wishful thinkers running APBA OPC want it. Have you forgotten that it was the OPC commission that begged for them to be produced? Merc did not try to force them on APBA.

Mercury spent a nice piece of change on these motors and has nothing to show for it but the shallow black eye of them not being delivered.

How much longer Rick Mackie can sit on these is unknown, but I bet its not forever.

Merc should double the price on them and release them to sport boat wannbees that covet them
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

BRF Team Europe Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I know racers in France who do not want this class & who'd prefer to stick with the 70hp Yammie but that motor is slated to die by the end of the year.
    As a spectator, the Merc 60 is too heavy & slow. If it's to make nice with the tree huggers OK but I' don't see the point except perhaps as a Junior class. The only positive aspect here is that it is pushing French teams to move up to SST120/200XS Optis.
    Argo Cat 18 - Sold
    Merc 2.4EFI/CLE - Sold

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default arp results

how about an update on the 60 and120 race the apr race in elgin

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Elgin

Quote Originally Posted by tahawk View Post
    how about an update on the 60 and120 race the apr race in elgin
    go to the APR site then Buzz/news. Posted there.

Post Thanks / Like

My Revolution has never Split into when cornering,,,,it has been rolled numerous times and blown over over at least twice that I am aware of,,,,still together,,still protected the driver,,, unless your talking 120's,,,the 45's are safe,,,very safe!!!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Info on Revolution boat coming apart

The Revolution boat that came apart (split in two at the joining seam causing an accident in a corner) happened to a 350 PRO Hydro owned by Rex Hall at the 2010 World Championship race in Lake Alfred, Florida in October, 2010.

I seem to remember there are pictures either here or on Hydroracer.

ADD: The pictures can be found on Hydroracer by accessing a thread entitled "World Championships at Lake Alfred, Florida 2010" by typing in "Revolution Boats" in the search function.

Post Thanks / Like

doug lets backtrack a bit
    as u know ur 45 revolution was previous owned and repaired
    that boat had the bottom blown off a FEW times before u got it
    almost every race it had delam problems
    and that helped to contribute to some of the accidents it was in
    it was finally repaired correctly locally

Thread Information