Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 60 EFI FORMULARACE from Mercury Marine

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    We bought an APBA throttle kit, and APBA steering bar and OMC gearcase and we bought a fishing Mercury. No discount from Mercury, no support in any form from Mercury.

Did Rick Mackie send out a release that Collin Rucker won AXS Hydro with a Mercury????

Does Mercury Racing control Offshore Worldwide???? Compare the UIM Offshore Rules with APBA's...Mercury is looking out for Mercury, not boat racing.

The only Mercury Racing ad I saw in the May Propeller was for the Mercury Fishing motor. Jake from Sea Way Marine got that motor up and running with the help of Lynn Williams from Yuma. Not a dime out of Mercury's pocket on this project.

The FormulaRace motor has never raced a heat in APBA Racing.

In Ski Racing in California there are more than 20 Outboards, Mercury doesn't even buy the outboard class trophies....Randy Davis usually does, he builds Nordic Boats.

I'm not going to "GET OVER IT", I'm disgusted with Mercury Racing, I'm disgusted with APBA.
    i agree ron . althou i'm not a racer . i have ben a mer man for over 30 years till merc built a plant in china . i would not buy a new merc now . i would buy a older merc . or a new bpr . merc lost a lot when they went overseas and u are right merc is about $$$$$$$$$$$ not helping racers .

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

60Hp and below Made In China
    the rest US

Burgess/Evinrude F1 V8 Lars Strom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Merc/Tohatsu are made in Japan..
    Lars Strom

Life is good

Check my own racing history at BRF...http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ead.php?t=6727

My racing web site SVERA.se....http://svera.se/blogg/paris-6-hours/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Powerabout View Post
    60Hp and below Made In China
    the rest US
    30hp and down is made by tohatsu which is made in japan

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lars Strom View Post
    Merc/Tohatsu are made in Japan..
    they could all be made in the usa no thinks on a small merc , where ever it made .japan or china .

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather buy from Japan then China and honestly after all the problems a friend of mine has had with his 50 E-Tec I think I will only buy japan made motors. This e-tec though is for his fishing boat not racing

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris3298 View Post
    I'd rather buy from Japan then China and honestly after all the problems a friend of mine has had with his 50 E-Tec I think I will only buy japan made motors. This e-tec though is for his fishing boat not racing
    What happened to the E tec?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

it's a 50 E-Tec he has and it is white in color which I think this model maybe the saltwater model they may call it.
    I remember first thing was the fuel pump and injectors and something else I can't remember what he said had to be replaced because I think he ran ethanol mixed gas through it. I must say this guy is a finattic about keeping up with his motors and cars. He has always run stabil in this engine and most likely it was the evinrude stabil.
    The most at less then 2 months old when this happened and then it had the computer replaced in it recently and something else maybe.

Just seems like every time i talk to him it's something else is wrong with it. I did my home work before i bought my Tohatsu 50 TLDI and I only found a couple things with the TLDI but the e-tec I found nothing but problems people have had. Few were happy but most had problems with it.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=chris3298;114051]it's a 50 E-Tec he has and it is white in color which I think this model maybe the saltwater model they may call it.

just a fyi tohatsu only make saltwater ready motors compared to there counter parts.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Binger;114066]
    Quote Originally Posted by chris3298 View Post
    it's a 50 E-Tec he has and it is white in color which I think this model maybe the saltwater model they may call it.

just a fyi tohatsu only make saltwater ready motors compared to there counter parts.
    I know this was the other reason I went with Tohatsu and plus they were cheaper in price.

I had a hand me down evinrude 15 that was like a 84 model and even from day one when it was brand new I think my dad had trouble with it.

My real reason with going tohatsu was after research I realized they were a dam good motor they were priced right and it was the only brand new 50 I could get in a short shaft, plus they were meant for salt water. Now talking all good about them knock on wood i hope mine doesn't give me problems. i only notice one thing about mine running it at very low rpms it wants to miss some times a little but hell I rarely run it there, mostly it's wot.

Thread Information