Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 60 EFI FORMULARACE from Mercury Marine

Post Thanks / Like

[. i only notice one thing about mine running it at very low rpms it wants to miss some times a little but hell I rarely run it there, mostly it's wot.[/QUOTE]

there is a injector recall here is the link http://www.tohatsu.com/tech_info/injectorcampaign.html

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris3298 View Post

I had a hand me down evinrude 15 that was like a 84 model and even from day one when it was brand new I think my dad had trouble with it.

t.
    One of the most reliable and popluar engines ever built with over 15 year production run

Post Thanks / Like

hey powerboat were did you get that quote its not from me?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry
    From Chris3298 I guess I posted an edited post

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Binger View Post
    [. i only notice one thing about mine running it at very low rpms it wants to miss some times a little but hell I rarely run it there, mostly it's wot.
    there is a injector recall here is the link http://www.tohatsu.com/tech_info/injectorcampaign.html[/QUOTE]

I seen this and I checked my motor last week and it isn't the serial numbers posted by tohatsu so I'm clear.

Seems like the little bit of sputtering i hear is more when the engine is cold, maybe I need to give it more time to warm up. I have had it once die when it was in forward gear and at the lowest idle bu really think it was I should have made sure it was warmed up more.

If it keeps doing it i'll take it in but I really don't see it being much a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Darrell has seen them run. I've seen one run. The motor accelerates weakly and sounds
    like a fishing motor taking off. 6250 rev limiter, then the RPM drops 2000. Too heavy
    for the short tunnels, unbalanced, the center of gravity is way behind the center of pressure
    making them easy to blow over backward. The program offered by SeaWay for 45SS is
    way better. Those motors turn over 7000 RPM and sound like a racing motor because they ARE
    racing motors. I wouldn't walk around the block to watch an F4S race.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    Hi Ron:

I wrote a blog on the 60 EFI FormulaRace outboard.

Post the link if you like. Since I posted it Wednesday - I got a call from Mikael Frode in Sweden. There are now 58 F4 60 boats racing overseas. China alone has 20 boats (you will see the reference of the Chinese boat company that bought the molds and rights to Christian Molgaard's Gen 1 F4 boats and is now producing them in China) I think the APBA should pursue purchasing the China built boat for their one design series and get boat racing going again in the States! The UIM F1H2O series has eight boats, And there is a mix of boats running in Sweden, Finland, Poland, Germany, Norway, etc.

http://www.mercuryracing.com/blog/th...ine-that-does/

Rick Mackie
    Mercury Racing
    Senior Marketing Manager
    Phone: 920-924-2032
    FAX: 920-921-6533
    E-mail: rmackie@mercmarine.com

Other posts about FormulaRace: http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ht=formularace

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Joe, you sound like a 4 stroke hater. You might even hate them worse than the tea party! However, I do agree that the 45 program in this country, primarily because of the support rendered by Seaway, is a much more viable class. Somebody please offer a rule change to allow 24 volt starting. And, if APBA is going to spend some money on a class let them start by helping Jake in his support efforts for both the 45 & 60 classes.

Bob

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, after thinking about it for a minute, I am sure you hate the tea party more than 4 strokes.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't the tea party manufacture the 4 strokes?! If they run on tea that might be part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBOATSHOP View Post
    You know, after thinking about it for a minute, I am sure you hate the tea party more than 4 strokes.

Bob

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course, you're right, they run on tea because they are probably made in China!!

Thread Information