Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 60 EFI FORMULARACE from Mercury Marine

Post Thanks / Like

They are made in China, Tohatsu. Me, I prefer coffee. Black as the night.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBOATSHOP View Post
    Of course, you're right, they run on tea because they are probably made in China!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Tea Party I'm A Member of, Favors Smaller Government Everything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJSEpu9vT9M RJ West builds the Composite Craft. RJ may not be the Winnings 45 Racer ever, or the greatest 45 driver ever, but he HAS TO BE CLOSE TO THE TOP OF BOTH THESE LISTS. If I understood RJ, he said the Mercury 60 Four Stroke got around the course very close to the same times as a 45, except the handling, in the corners, was "Disturbing". I think "Disturbing" was the words RJ used, but what he said, you had to turn the wheel, turn the wheel, and then when the gearcase decided to turn, you had to UNTURN, UNTURN and UNTURN or you could be in trouble. The boat it really "TOP HEAVY" with the Four Stroke, in fact, he tried to roll it and it just spun. I have not talked to RJ on the subject, lately, but I was thinking a good nose cone could fix it. Ultra Liberals are the ones that want two strokes banned. Ultra Liberal want to buy all their Christmas ornament's from China because they are cheap. Ultra Liberal want the rich to pay more taxes, so they can't afford to use their boats. Tea Party members are against minimum wages, open borders, OWEBAMACARE, global warming nuts........and a few thousand other nuts. We do like prop nuts!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJSEpu9vT9M RJ West builds the Composite Craft. RJ may not be the Winnings 45 Racer ever, or the greatest 45 driver ever, but he HAS TO BE CLOSE TO THE TOP OF BOTH THESE LISTS. If I understood RJ, he said the Mercury 60 Four Stroke got around the course very close to the same times as a 45, except the handling, in the corners, was "Disturbing". I think "Disturbing" was the words RJ used, but what he said, you had to turn the wheel, turn the wheel, and then when the gearcase decided to turn, you had to UNTURN, UNTURN and UNTURN or you could be in trouble. The boat it really "TOP HEAVY" with the Four Stroke, in fact, he tried to roll it and it just spun. I have not talked to RJ on the subject, lately, but I was thinking a good nose cone could fix it. Ultra Liberals are the ones that want two strokes banned. Ultra Liberal want to buy all their Christmas ornament's from China because they are cheap. Ultra Liberal want the rich to pay more taxes, so they can't afford to use their boats. Tea Party members are against minimum wages, open borders, OWEBAMACARE, global warming nuts........and a few thousand other nuts. We do like prop nuts!
    I wrote that the cg is too far behind the cp, the motor is way too heavy for the length of boat. Let's take a poll and see how many tea party members run 2 strokes
    vs 4-strokes. I'm a liberal, I run 2 strokes and race with Sun leaded gas. I try to buy from the U.S.-I drive a Chrysler, not a Toyota or whatever they're called. If I
    can't buy from the U.S. I try to buy from Germany (gottcha by the nuts there!). This is not a political discussion. If it is, then I'm going to activate Val.

Post Thanks / Like

Default To Be A Good Ultra Liberal, You Have To Ride A Bicycle To Work

My wife told me this morning she believes in Global Warming...Every morning about six, the globe warms up and around six it cools off. Ultra Liberals cars don't use petroleum, they get their power by plugging in their electric cars. This two stroke thing is an age think...You know how to work on a two stroke, and if you are like me, you don't even know how to get a four stroke apart! Leave Val out, she'd just tell us how Owebamacare is going save everyone for free!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My Tohatsu says Japan.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default better than i thought

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    I will again say that I still enjoy the 45 better than the 60, however it isn't as far off as I thought. After a long day of testing Qatar's f4 s that I built for them with an aim data acquisition system I had a lot of useful info. I looked at my Kankakee testing data and believe that the f4 s is good enough to finish midpack in an sset45 race. Acceleration and and top speed is the same as the 45 runs on a 35 to 40 second course. The 45 still is more nimble and runner to drive but not nearly as bad as some say they are and the data doesn't lie. What the data system fought me is that the feel of my "seat of my pants " isn't always right. However I still think that 45 is the best current class for the U.S. thanks to the availability of the parts through sea way marine.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would you want a 24 volt starting Bob? 12v is cheaper and more reliable.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dave hensel View Post
    Why would you want a 24 volt starting Bob? 12v is cheaper and more reliable.
    The sst45 motor has no real charging system and a fixed timming rod so as we use the trim the charging system cant keep up. Low voltage and high timming means 3 to 4 starters a year and can really frustrate a newcomer to the sport. With the size of the agm batteries nowadays it is cheaper and makes sense but opc didnt see it this way when i presented it at the national meeting.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

See above answer - If you show up at a 45 race with only one starter you probably won't start in the final. A second battery is cheap compared to the cost of starter motors and the fact that you probably won't get a prize money check because you didn't start the final.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Agenda Subject for the Reno Convention

Quote Originally Posted by 45sst45 View Post
    The sst45 motor has no real charging system and a fixed timming rod so as we use the trim the charging system cant keep up. Low voltage and high timming means 3 to 4 starters a year and can really frustrate a newcomer to the sport. With the size of the agm batteries nowadays it is cheaper and makes sense but opc didnt see it this way when i presented it at the national meeting.
    I know that starters are a BIG EXPENSE and a source of frustration...especially to new drivers. Ask Marlee Hill!!!

Thread Information