Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Made in america

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Made in america

I received by post office today three pairs of 100% cotton denim blue jeans made in Texas. And they were far less than what I had been paying for Levi's.

I have worn Levi's all my life. In the past couple of years I have noticed the quality fading while the price skyrocketed. They also have so many styles, I don't know what to buy. I don't keep up with that krap. I don't know a 507 from a 306. All I want is a pair of jeans that is durable enough to wear until the holes in the knees cause me to get out the pair of sissors and convert them into faded out cutoffs to wear in the South Texas heat. That's the way it has been in my life since the early 60's. Levi's were just a few dollars then.

Now I have two pair of Levi's Debbie bought me only 6 months ago that I can't even tuck my shirt into without holding on. Normally I could just slip them on then tuck my shirt in then zip up the fly and button them up. These two pair fall down. And they are very uncomfortable to pull up. It's like some hiphugger feel or something. Debbie had called before she bought them to ask if those numbers would be OK and I said "I don't know...just get them". Well....luckily, I heard about some American manufacturerers on Fox News not long ago and one was a company in Texas that made 100% cotton denim jeans. I ordered three pair last Thursday. I got them today. Three pair and shipping is free. I got two of the original, and one slim fit which also has a boot cut and it ever so slightly longer. They all fit great, and I can tuck my shirt in without them slipping down. They feel good and seem just like the old jeans I grew up with. Time will tell on how they hold up, but they can't be any worse than the Levi's have gotten in the last few years. Plus they are made in America and the price is significantly better than Levi's. All major brands of blue jean are now made in China, Mexico, India, Indonesia or other foreign countries.

I thought I would pass this along during these tough economic times for people interested in supporting the U.S. economy and not sending our money overseas, and that there would be good value and quality in the purchase. The company is Texas Jeans and you can find them on the internet. I didn't post this to start a rant about shipping jobs overseas, but I thought that maybe in other parts of the U.S. there may be other companies that BRF members may be familiar with to let us know about so we could buy American and keep our money at home and keep Americans employed.

Post Thanks / Like

Some New Balance shoes are made in the US ... you have to check, but it is generally their high end products that happen also to in demand vs their budget lines.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    I received by post office today three pairs of 100% cotton denim blue jeans made in Texas. And they were far less than what I had been paying for Levi's.

I have worn Levi's all my life. In the past couple of years I have noticed the quality fading while the price skyrocketed. They also have so many styles, I don't know what to buy. I don't keep up with that krap. I don't know a 507 from a 306. All I want is a pair of jeans that is durable enough to wear until the holes in the knees cause me to get out the pair of sissors and convert them into faded out cutoffs to wear in the South Texas heat. That's the way it has been in my life since the early 60's. Levi's were just a few dollars then.

Now I have two pair of Levi's Debbie bought me only 6 months ago that I can't even tuck my shirt into without holding on. Normally I could just slip them on then tuck my shirt in then zip up the fly and button them up. These two pair fall down. And they are very uncomfortable to pull up. It's like some hiphugger feel or something. Debbie had called before she bought them to ask if those numbers would be OK and I said "I don't know...just get them". Well....luckily, I heard about some American manufacturerers on Fox News not long ago and one was a company in Texas that made 100% cotton denim jeans. I ordered three pair last Thursday. I got them today. Three pair and shipping is free. I got two of the original, and one slim fit which also has a boot cut and it ever so slightly longer. They all fit great, and I can tuck my shirt in without them slipping down. They feel good and seem just like the old jeans I grew up with. Time will tell on how they hold up, but they can't be any worse than the Levi's have gotten in the last few years. Plus they are made in America and the price is significantly better than Levi's. All major brands of blue jean are now made in China, Mexico, India, Indonesia or other foreign countries.

I thought I would pass this along during these tough economic times for people interested in supporting the U.S. economy and not sending our money overseas, and that there would be good value and quality in the purchase. The company is Texas Jeans and you can find them on the internet. I didn't post this to start a rant about shipping jobs overseas, but I thought that maybe in other parts of the U.S. there may be other companies that BRF members may be familiar with to let us know about so we could buy American and keep our money at home and keep Americans employed.
    Got a name and address Wayne? I have the same issue. Since I'm moving to Truckee, I'll probably be wearing Carharts, but they like their pants a lot...
    Bill Schwab
    Dirty Deck Brewing
    Company

Post Thanks / Like

You can probably get it by just typing Texas Jeans on your computer, but I'll look it up Bill.

Lake Sammamish, Washington and Indio, California
    Post Thanks / Like

Default http://www.texasjeans.com/

Dean Hobart

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dean. Bill, your question caused me to fish the box out of the trash can and lo and behold.....there is a little deceptive advertising. Seems they are not made in Texas, but in North Carolina. Guess they used Texas in the name for legitimacy in being tough, durable, and uphold the cowboy tradition. Oh well, the main thing is they are made in the U.S.A. and North Carolina, along with Tennesse happens to be two of Texans most favorite states. The states with the most defenders of the Alamo came to Texas from North Carolina via Tennessee.

Anyway, Thanks for the link Dean, and the physical address is:

Texas Jeans
    100 Industrial Park Ave.
    Ashboro, N.C. 27205
    336-629-3018.

Post Thanks / Like

Do they make them for short fat guys?

Post Thanks / Like

I'll bet they do Gene. Just go to that link and you can click to see the sizes.

This update is not for now, but if the act that bans incandescent bulbs is not reversed after the next elections, Texas may become a source at some point. Governor Perry signed a law recently that as of January 1, 2013 (or maybe 2012 I can't remember) it will be legal to buy incandescent bulbs in Texas. First, there would have to be a manufacturing company making them here, and I don't think they will ship them out of state. But if it comes to be,... all our friends from other states are welcome to come here and stock up.

Post Thanks / Like

Debbie and I started buying California wines almost exclusively several years ago and as the Texas wine industry has grown, we now buy mostly from Texas. Up until the legislative session before the one that just ended, it was illegal for a Texas winery to ship interstate. That means if you go to a winery and like certain varieties, you could not order more bottles online. You would have to drive to the winery if you could not find it at a local store. There are many small vintners who are unable to produce the quantity it would take to cut margins and deal with distributors. Since 2008, Texans can buy wine online within our own borders. It could be shipped out of state at anytime, but now we can buy our own stuff, and the vinyards are popping up all over. And....we have some excellent wines. So now we buy mostly Texas, but still some from California, and occassionally wines from Oregon or Washington State, but we really do not know which ones to try because there is not much of a selection down here and we have no input.

New York state has also had a very long history in wine making and I guess maybe especially with the concord grape. Any of you guys from that area have any suggestions?

We do buy some wine from Australia as well, because us Texans have a kindred spirit of independance with the folks from down under.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the link! I started buying only beers brewed in Encinitas California, but once I brewed them from Truckee river water, I had to move the brewery....
    Bill Schwab
    Dirty Deck Brewing
    Company

Thread Information