ELECTION 2012
GOP candidate: Global warming is 'patently absurd'
Republican takes opposite view of Mitt Romney, who thinks mankind is responsible
Posted: June 08, 2011
8:07 pm Eastern

By Joe Kovacs
© 2011 WND

Former Congressman and current Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum is turning up the heat on the issue of man-made global warming, calling it "patently absurd," a stance putting him at odds with perceived frontrunner Mitt Romney.

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum calls man-made global warming 'patently absurd.'
"I believe the Earth gets warmer and I also believe the Earth gets cooler, and I think history points out that it does that," Santorum said on Rush Limbaugh's radio show this afternoon.

"The idea that man – through the production of CO2 (carbon dioxide) which is a trace gas in the atmosphere, and the man-made part of that trace gas is itself a trace gas – is somehow responsible for climate change is, I think, patently absurd."

On Friday in Manchester, N.H., Romney, the former governor of Massachusetts, took the opposing view.

"I believe the world is getting warmer," Romney told a crowd of about 200 at a town-hall meeting. "I can't prove that, but I believe based on what I read that the world is getting warmer and number two, I believe that humans contribute to that. I don't know how much our contribution is to that 'cause I know there's been – there have been periods of – of greater heat and – and warmth in the past, but I believe that we contribute to that, and so I think it's important for us to reduce our emissions of pollutants and greenhouse gases that may well be significant contributors to the climate change and the global warming that you're seeing."

Limbaugh responded to Romney's remarks by saying, "Bye-bye nomination. Another one down."

An astounding scam! See the full documentation of how your life could be changed by climate-related laws, taxes and regulations, in "Climategate"

Read more: GOP candidate: Global warming is 'patently absurd' http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=308817#ixzz1OuRNwyRs