Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chowchilla, July, 2011

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default You're Right

I just got back from watching car racing at Antioch and it was very entertaining. As for the question on my pre-entries or should I say the "lack of", the last couple of boat races "cancellation notices" of those races were e-mailed out before I had a chance to pre-enter.

From what I found out, both races only had 34 pre-entries turned in and I bet it was the same people for both races. I'll tell you what, I will pre-enter the Chowchilla race right now and the other races as they come up so it will make that 35 entries instead of 34. Will that help?

Look, I'm not trying to be a wise guy but I think Mr. Hill has the right idea here. Apparently, APBA is too expensive for the majority of people who live on the left coast to race boats. Maybe it's time to try some other organization which could possibly make it more affordable.

Last October at Minden I believe we paid somewhere around $285.00 for the two day event. Of course we had to pay the single day event price because we did not join APBA, but I believe that was only about $40.00 more than if I was a member. Anyway, $240.00 is pretty pricey to race. Now in contrast, it only costs me only $30.00 to race my car at any of the three tracks that I race at.

Anyway, I really do enjoy racing a boat and the people who are associated with boat racing. Everybody is saying the economy is at fault to which I concur, but it isn't going to change for a long time and something has to change to make racing a boat more affordable!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just tried to pre-enter

Tried to pre-enter the Chowchilla race but it only shows the past 6/11 and 6/12 race at Oroville. I tried!!!!

bill boyes

The officers of EBBC did not file for the Sanction so there is no Chowchilla this year. SAD fun race and they have water.
    The reasons given were lack of officials.
    City moved the race date from the 4 of July weekend to a week later
    Lack of entries on prior 2011 events
    45 series racers voted not to attend without Tow Money.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Bill, tow money had nothing to do with not going to chowchilla.Change of dates were responsible for our two boats to miss the race. Just to set the record straight;

Bill Reiter,sr.

bill boyes

Yes change of dates was an issue. However, suggest to ask Ross Wallach as he spoke with Denise Morris and said the 45 series racers wanted tow money account they also wanted to attend Trenton and Kankakee and did not have the funds to attend all three.

rossdbos

Exclamation Set the record straight

Bill:

Here's the deal in a nutshell (as I even emailed you when you asked what was going on).
    1.) Prior to the announced date change I was asked by several teams to see if there was going to be any tow or prize money for the Chowchilla race. I said I didn't think so but would ask, which I did. At NO time did I threaten not have it be a series race due to NO prize money/tow money, it was a simple question by some of the racers and with the cost of gas, and wanting to go to the Worlds and Kankakee (again by the same folks) I just asked Denice. When she got back to me that there wasn't any I didn't cancel it from the series schedule, in fact nothing happened that is until the date was changed.
    2.) When the announced date change occurred I got several calls from several teams stating the date change made it impossible to attend due to planned time off work, personal finances, etc. I was asked by several teams to ask for a vote from the membership to see if there was going to be enough boats to attend and thus keep it on the 2011 schedule. When the vote came back it was voted down and again mainly due to the date change, not tow /prize money as the problem.

So tow/prize money was orginally just a question, not a mandate and the date change is what caused it to be taken off the schedule. I know the teams would go to Chowchilla as they have done in the past so the door is always open (at least on my side) to have Chowchilla on the schedule.

I am sorry boat racing in your region is feeling the effects of the economy as it is in my region and do look forward to Isleton!

Regards,

Ross Wallach, RPM RACING ENT.

Post Thanks / Like

Once again, APBA and its bureauocrcy win out over boatracing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default AOF Questions

AOF sanctions would have to come from the AOF main office. Sue Bircher 1220
    Ham Hill Road Centralia, Washington phone numbers are 360-359-6440 or 360
    359 6441. We do not have anything to do directly with the operation of AOF
    so I am sure that Sue as executive director would be able to assist you in
    obtaining a sanction.

I'm going to call AOF in the morning. If I can figure out how they run their races in Washington, with Nostalgia, Mods, Pros and Stocks......I will report back.

I will find out if OPC can run under AOF and I will also ask about Jets, and personal water crafts.

Maybe, we could just have a big lay day at Chowchilla with two days of testing.

Lake rental is $500 PLUS AOF INSURANCE......I have not given up on a BOAT RACE, I just have given up on APBA!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thank you for your effort Mr. Hill. I appreciate your efforts in trying to keep boat racing alive and hopefully affordable. My interest in boat racing is purely for the fun of it. I really don't care about points and such, I just like to get the boat on the water and hang out in the pits with the other racers. Keep up the good work!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Insurance!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    AOF sanctions would have to come from the AOF main office. Sue Bircher 1220
    Ham Hill Road Centralia, Washington phone numbers are 360-359-6440 or 360
    359 6441. We do not have anything to do directly with the operation of AOF
    so I am sure that Sue as executive director would be able to assist you in
    obtaining a sanction.

I'm going to call AOF in the morning. If I can figure out how they run their races in Washington, with Nostalgia, Mods, Pros and Stocks......I will report back.

I will find out if OPC can run under AOF and I will also ask about Jets, and personal water crafts.

Maybe, we could just have a big lay day at Chowchilla with two days of testing.

Lake rental is $500 PLUS AOF INSURANCE......I have not given up on a BOAT RACE, I just have given up on APBA!

Ron, before you give up on APBA and jump ship to AOF, you BETTER check out the INJURY insurance coverage first!!!! There is a HUGE difference!!!!! Thank god I was insured by APBA (K&K) when I had my accident last year.................
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Thread Information