Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: OFF 2011 (Old Farts Forever)

Hybrid View

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default OFF 2011 (Old Farts Forever)

More off2011 information (from Steve Seros)
    Thursday evening at The Dive Bar: There are Public Docks at the Riverwalk Plaza if you care to come by boat. Unfortunately, there is not space to display boats on the land.

Friday afternoon open house at AMF/Geico Racing shop: This is like the ultimate candy shop for boat racers. They literally open the doors and provided guided tours as well as allowing you to just wander (and wonder) through the place. Recently I had a very nice conversation with British offshore racer Richard Carr. He has acquired the 46’ aluminum, triple engine, V bottom Cougar that Al Copeland, Bill Sirois, Dick Clark and Stan Ware ran in the 1985 Miami to New York Race. Our own Cadillac McDaniel was on the logistics team for that race. Richard will be restoring the boat at AMF/Geico to be run in European offshore races. You will get to once again place your own eyes on this historic boat.

Friday evening event at the Jupiter Point Marina/Wylder’s Waterfront Bar & Grill: The Marina also has Public Docks if you want to come by boat. Additionally, the Marina has a great area to set up your boat on land for display. This event is in lieu of past years Abacoa street party and boat display. The owner has stated that he will advertise the event for public participation. He will also provide security and even move boats inside the boat storage building in case of bad weather. I am told that getting boats in and out of the display area is much easier that it was at Abacoa.

Saturday at Cadillac’s was a great day for everyone last year and looks to be even better this year: For those of you that were not there last year, Cadillac provided for the comfort of visitors by having a food & drink vendor, toilet facilities, lots of shaded areas, a great sound system to keep folks informed, ample parking for cars and boat displays, great launch and recovery ramp, safety boats, perfect viewing area overlooking the waterway, and a flat water straight course for flybys. Most importantly, Cadillac provided a level of genuine happy hospitality that is unrivaled. And then, Charlie Wolff performed the solemn aerial salute to all old boatracers that have “crossed the final finish line” followed by a great aerobatic display in his Velox aircraft. The whole day was truly a family event. Some suggested that, this year, we should stay there into the evening instead of going to another location to party. While that seemed to be a great idea, there were legitimate concerns about partying too much and then hitting the road on the dark two lane Kanner Highway. The last thing we want to do is have an exciting and safe day on the water, only to get someone hurt or in trouble on the road home. Obviously, there is also a concern for potential liability. And finally, Cadillac’s country location does not lend itself to drawing the public. Last year you got to see Rich Luhrs set the best speed for the day at 107+MPH in his Switzercraft Wing along with other historic machines such as Mike Mullins’ 1968, Ceaser Scotti driven, twin OMC Molinari. This year you will see more of the same and many things you did not see last year. How about the Jackie Wilson 1978, 127+MPH Cosworth/Hodges ET/KT boat that spun people’s heads around. The boat is currently in restoration and Mark Wilson has assured it will be afloat at Cadillac’s during OFF2011. Many others have indicated that they will be there and bring their boats. We will inform you of those as they firm up.

Saturday evening event at Sugarcane Bistro: Last year we started out at the Sugarcane. This year we will wrap up OFF2011 there. This is a great food and party atmosphere place. Great stories, and a few lies, were and will be told. Finally, we will wind up a three day silent auction to allay some of our expenses and to set up for OFF2012. You will have the opportunity to bid on a full day offshore fishing trip on a 38’ Rampage, an offshore ride in the 85+MPH Geico V bottom with Scotty Begovich and/or Mark Granet at the wheel, or a ride with Charlie Wolff in his aerobatic Velox aircraft. Also, Odell Lewis and Billy Seebold have once again promised some wonderful memorabilia from their past racing days for the auction.

As we have said from the very beginning, we have operated with no budget. However, we have had expenses along the way that have been covered by several generous people and organizations. For OFF2010, I believe that I have properly thanked those in my online followup at http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...FF)2010/page14

For OFF2011, some have already stepped forward to help. We are certainly grateful to those that I previously mentioned for their auction donations. Also, the great folks at www.donzi.org have donated substantial dollars to help the setup at BYBLOS for the Saturday “get wet day”. While we are not comfortable asking for help, there are a couple of things that would help make the event better if any of you feel so inclined. We will let you know what those are in future updates, but right now we are looking for a few golf cart to shuttle people back and forth on Saturday at “BYBLOS”. You can contact Cadillac at cadillacboats@me.com or, Phone at (772)285-2266. Also, Cadillac has asked me to remind everyone that campers are welcome at his place throughout OFF2011. Odell Lewis has had his motorhome there for OFF2009 and Off2010. Last year Dick and Molly Clark also camped there.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks John

What is OFF2011…?
“Old Friends Forever”, OFF2011 in Jupiter/Stuart Florida, 20-23 October 2011. This is a gathering of old boat racers and their associates from “Back In The Day” to socialize and have a little fun. All events will be very informal. There are no registration fees and no fees to attend any of the scheduled events. All costs (lodging, food, drinks, entertainment, golf, fishing, etc.) will be the responsibility of each individual. This concept has allowed OFF to go ON, regardless of the economy.
    Who….? 
All types of boat racers and/or anyone remotely associated, to include families. Those who just want to meet and greet some of the legends of boat racing are also welcome. We could not possibly send out personal invitations to everyone. Since we do not have, and do not intend to have, a budget, we will count on forums and word of mouth from you to non-interneters, to spread the word.

Why…? Because!!!!

At least one of the events will include a solemn salute to all old boat racers that have already “crossed the final finish line”.

When…? Where…?

Thursday 20 Oct 2011

5:30PM Evening Party at
    Dive Bar Restaurant
    Riverwalk Plaza
    318 South U.S. Hwy 1
    Jupiter, FL 33457
    Phone (561)747-4767
    http://www.divebarrestaurant.com/

Friday 21 Oct 2011

2:30PM-4:30PM Afternoon Open House
    Geico Race Shop
    7555 Garden Road, Bldg A
    Rivera Beach, FL 33404
    http://www.missgeicoracing.com/

Wylder’s Waterfront Bar & Grill
    Jupiter Pointe Marina
    18745 SE Federal Hwy
    Jupiter, FL 33469
    Phone (561)744-7400
    http://www.floridabeachbar.com/bars/wylders.asp

Saturday 22 Oct 2011

9:00AM-4:00PM “Run What You Brung” at
    Cadillac’s Place “BYBLOS”, Standard wet-pit rules apply
    8625 SW Kanner Hwy
    Indiantown, FL 34956
    Phone (772)285-2266
    cadillacboats@me.com

Sugarcane Bistro
    353 N U.S. Hwy One
    Jupiter, FL 33477
    Phone (561)743-4177
    http://www.sugarcaneislandbistro.com/

Sunday 22 OCT 2011

Golf, fish, shop, drink, shop, whatever floats your boat

ACCOMODATIONS Some of the hotels have agreed to special rates. You should inquire when you make reservations.

For those hardy campers and/or motorhomers, Cadillac McDaniel has once again graciously offered parking at his “BYBLOS”. If that is your desire, please contact him in advance.
    8625 SW Kanner Hwy
    Indiantown, FL 34956
    Phone (772)285-2266
    cadillacboats@me.com

JUPITER HOTELS

La Quinta Inns
    34 Fishermans Wharf
    Jupiter Fl.33477
    Phone 561-575-7201
    http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/prop...09&propId=6109

Doubletree Hotel
    4431 PGA Blvd
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl, 33410
    Phone 561-622-2260
    http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/...orida/index.do

Homewood Suites by Hilton
    4700 Donald Ross Road
    Palm Beach Gardens Fl. 33418
    Phone 561 622-7799
    http://homewoodsuites1.hilton.com/en...orida/index.do

Jupiter Waterfront Inn
    18903 SE Federal Highway
    Jupiter Fl. 33469
    Phone 561 747-9085
    http://www.jupiterwaterfrontinn.com/

STUART HOTELS

Holiday Inn Express
    7900 SW Lost River Road
    Stuart, FL 34997
    (772) 287-2522
    http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/e...fl/hoteldetail

Marriott Courtyard
    7615 SW Lost River Road
    Stuart, FL 34997
    (772) 781-3344
    jlewis@waterfordhotelgroup.com
    http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...rtyard-stuart/

Seminole Inn
    15885 SW Warfield Blvd
    Indiantown, FL 34956
    (772) 597-3777
    http://www.seminoleinn.com/main.php

Sunoco Race Fuel
    1805 SW Kanner Hwy
    Stuart, FL 34997
    (7) days/nights a week
    (772) 286-0313

YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED TO ATTEND AND PARTICIPATE!!!

Also, and this is a very important part, we cordially invite other boat racing organizations to become associated with OFF with the following understanding: OFF is not a formal organization or club. We are not commercial in nature. However, we have no objection to organizations, clubs or commercial enterprises associating with us. We only ask that you honor the fact that OFF is only an EVENT that is designed and carried out for the previously stated purposes.

We truly hope to see you at OFF2011 during 20-23 October 2011.
    Our Very Best Regards – Cadillac McDaniel, Jim Hauser, Steve Sirois

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default OFF2011 Promo

This link is short promo for OFF2011. All pictures were taken at "2008 Legends of Offshore", OFF2009" or "OFF2010"

http://www.youtube.com/user/seeroy3#p/a/u/0/hPisvQI5-GE

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Our group of Jersey Speed Skiffs will be there on Friday night, and would like to run on Saturday. We have spread the word and we are looking forward to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default IBEX Show In Kentucky

Hill Marine and Signature Propellers will be at the IBEX Show from October 17-19, 2011.

Boat Shows tire a man out...Next year, I'll drag Jimbo McConnell the Wizard of OZ to the Old Farts Forever, if we are still alive....

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    Hill Marine and Signature Propellers will be at the IBEX Show from October 17-19, 2011.

Boat Shows tire a man out...Next year, I'll drag Jimbo McConnell the Wizard of OZ to the Old Farts Forever, if we are still alive....
    If thats a promise, I'll be there next year also.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

ADDITIONAL EVENT FOR OFF2011!

We got word today that Wilson Custom Marine Race Shop in Stuart will be hosting an Open House on Friday morning from 10:00AM -2:00PM. Their address is 3340 SE Gran Park Way, Stuart, FL 34997. This is Jackie, Mark and Craig Wilson, the amazing 3 generation racing family. We are extremely pleased to add this event to OFF2011 and are certain that you will be pleased. Their website is www.wilsoncustommarine.com/Home_Page.php
    or facebook at http://www.facebook.com/people/Wilso...470471?sk=wall You can RSVP from the Facebook Wall.

So, Friday can be a very full and exciting day for you with 3 events. It would be possible to attend Wilson Open House at 10:00AM, then go 15 miles south and drop your boat at Wylder’s/Jupiter Point Club & Marina, at 11:30AM, then go 16.5 miles to attend Geico Race Shop Open House until 4:30PM, and then return to Wylder’s for the party starting at 5:30PM.

CARE AND FEEDING OF YOUR BOAT AT OFF2011

We are truly looking forward to your presence at OFF2011 and think we have pretty well covered the care and feeding of you. However, we have not yet said much about the care and feeding of your boats if you are bringing them for display and/or running on Saturday. Prior to Friday at 11:30 you are pretty much on your own unless you make arrangements with Cadillac to park them at his place. His e-mail is cadillacboats@me.com and his phone number is (772)285-2256. Starting Friday at 11:30 Lauren Hamer & John from the Geico Race Team will be at Wylder’s/Jupiter Point Club & Marina to receive and park your boat. You can contact Lauren on her cellular phone (561)847-1680 as you approach the area. Lauren and John are the same folks that parked you at Abacoa last year and we are extremely grateful for their help. Once you are parked, you will be asked to disconnect and move your vehicle from the display area. Please bring your own wheel chocks. Lauren & John will be remaining on location to provide security. You are then free to proceed to the Geico Race Shop for their Open House. Later that evening, after the party at Wylder’s, you can remove your boat or you can leave it overnight and pick it up on Saturday morning. Jupiter Point Club & Marina will have security on site throughout the night.

LASTLY, If you still need the basic OFF2011 details, except for the Wilson Open House, simply go to Post #2 on this thread. Unless something significant pops up, this will be the last update.

We look forward to seeing YOU at OFF2011 – Cadillac McDaniel, Jim Hauser, Steve Sirois

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Off2011 auction procedures

It is now 10:45 Tuesday night. On my way home from a late meeting, Jim Hauser called me to tell me that OFF has been cancelled…..JUST KIDDING :-). But hopefully that got your attention. What he really told was that we have received another substantial item for our auction. He told me what it is, and I’m excited, but I don’t have enough details yet to be comfortable releasing it. Perhaps tomorrow. I will be on the road tomorrow, so if you only get this by e-mail, you will have to go to http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...ff-2011/page15 or later page to find out more. ALSO, I can now tell you that the auction procedures have changed a bit. The basic auction will now take place at 12:00Noon Saturday at Cadillac’s BYBLOS. At least one item of significant value (possibly the new item) will be held back and sold by lottery. I don’t yet know the price of lottery tickets, but they will be sold both at Cadillac’s and at Sugarcane Bistro Saturday evening where the lottery drawing will take place. Right now I’m just too darn tired to tell you more. Gotta get some sleep now so I can drive to Jupiter tomorrow. Best Regards from “One of Three” – Steve Sirois

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Default awesome video

awesome videos !

Thread Information