More off2011 information (from Steve Seros)
Thursday evening at The Dive Bar: There are Public Docks at the Riverwalk Plaza if you care to come by boat. Unfortunately, there is not space to display boats on the land.

Friday afternoon open house at AMF/Geico Racing shop: This is like the ultimate candy shop for boat racers. They literally open the doors and provided guided tours as well as allowing you to just wander (and wonder) through the place. Recently I had a very nice conversation with British offshore racer Richard Carr. He has acquired the 46’ aluminum, triple engine, V bottom Cougar that Al Copeland, Bill Sirois, Dick Clark and Stan Ware ran in the 1985 Miami to New York Race. Our own Cadillac McDaniel was on the logistics team for that race. Richard will be restoring the boat at AMF/Geico to be run in European offshore races. You will get to once again place your own eyes on this historic boat.

Friday evening event at the Jupiter Point Marina/Wylder’s Waterfront Bar & Grill: The Marina also has Public Docks if you want to come by boat. Additionally, the Marina has a great area to set up your boat on land for display. This event is in lieu of past years Abacoa street party and boat display. The owner has stated that he will advertise the event for public participation. He will also provide security and even move boats inside the boat storage building in case of bad weather. I am told that getting boats in and out of the display area is much easier that it was at Abacoa.

Saturday at Cadillac’s was a great day for everyone last year and looks to be even better this year: For those of you that were not there last year, Cadillac provided for the comfort of visitors by having a food & drink vendor, toilet facilities, lots of shaded areas, a great sound system to keep folks informed, ample parking for cars and boat displays, great launch and recovery ramp, safety boats, perfect viewing area overlooking the waterway, and a flat water straight course for flybys. Most importantly, Cadillac provided a level of genuine happy hospitality that is unrivaled. And then, Charlie Wolff performed the solemn aerial salute to all old boatracers that have “crossed the final finish line” followed by a great aerobatic display in his Velox aircraft. The whole day was truly a family event. Some suggested that, this year, we should stay there into the evening instead of going to another location to party. While that seemed to be a great idea, there were legitimate concerns about partying too much and then hitting the road on the dark two lane Kanner Highway. The last thing we want to do is have an exciting and safe day on the water, only to get someone hurt or in trouble on the road home. Obviously, there is also a concern for potential liability. And finally, Cadillac’s country location does not lend itself to drawing the public. Last year you got to see Rich Luhrs set the best speed for the day at 107+MPH in his Switzercraft Wing along with other historic machines such as Mike Mullins’ 1968, Ceaser Scotti driven, twin OMC Molinari. This year you will see more of the same and many things you did not see last year. How about the Jackie Wilson 1978, 127+MPH Cosworth/Hodges ET/KT boat that spun people’s heads around. The boat is currently in restoration and Mark Wilson has assured it will be afloat at Cadillac’s during OFF2011. Many others have indicated that they will be there and bring their boats. We will inform you of those as they firm up.

Saturday evening event at Sugarcane Bistro: Last year we started out at the Sugarcane. This year we will wrap up OFF2011 there. This is a great food and party atmosphere place. Great stories, and a few lies, were and will be told. Finally, we will wind up a three day silent auction to allay some of our expenses and to set up for OFF2012. You will have the opportunity to bid on a full day offshore fishing trip on a 38’ Rampage, an offshore ride in the 85+MPH Geico V bottom with Scotty Begovich and/or Mark Granet at the wheel, or a ride with Charlie Wolff in his aerobatic Velox aircraft. Also, Odell Lewis and Billy Seebold have once again promised some wonderful memorabilia from their past racing days for the auction.

As we have said from the very beginning, we have operated with no budget. However, we have had expenses along the way that have been covered by several generous people and organizations. For OFF2010, I believe that I have properly thanked those in my online followup at http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...FF)2010/page14

For OFF2011, some have already stepped forward to help. We are certainly grateful to those that I previously mentioned for their auction donations. Also, the great folks at www.donzi.org have donated substantial dollars to help the setup at BYBLOS for the Saturday “get wet day”. While we are not comfortable asking for help, there are a couple of things that would help make the event better if any of you feel so inclined. We will let you know what those are in future updates, but right now we are looking for a few golf cart to shuttle people back and forth on Saturday at “BYBLOS”. You can contact Cadillac at cadillacboats@me.com or, Phone at (772)285-2266. Also, Cadillac has asked me to remind everyone that campers are welcome at his place throughout OFF2011. Odell Lewis has had his motorhome there for OFF2009 and Off2010. Last year Dick and Molly Clark also camped there.