Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Ron Hill Has Not Left The Building 2005-2017

Post Thanks / Like

Default Picked Up Some Really Good Stuff Today

How about some scales to weigh boats on? Three V-6 powerheads, and a V-6 old style trim ram! And a roll of glass mat. Scored!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Look What Followed Me Today...

Yesterday, this followed me home (Picture 1 and 2). Think that four stroke will pull that C Hydro 40 with me in it???

Today, this think followed me home. I'm taking it to Apple Valley Marine to get the Bravo 1 Outdrive serviced.

Post Thanks / Like

Default What A Trip!!!

Dave Bryan and I started out to Apple Valley Marine, over loaded as usual. We stopped at Fidencio's to see how my Sport C and Baker were coming. Of course, we had to change a trailer tire on the Baker trailer so Mickey could get HIS CUSTOMER's tire back that I had had for a month and a half....

Picture One: Fidencio working on the Baker bottom

Picture Two: Sport C waiting for a fresh coat of white gel coat

PIcture Three: Heading Apple Valley Marine, truck is loaded

Picture Four: Motors and club scale, heading t Mickey'

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well, I Guess I've Been A Derelict......

Didn't realize hadn't posted since January.....Time flies when you are having a good time AND I'm having a good time:

1. Sport C: Sold my new Ernie Dawe Sport to a New Sport C Racer in NorCal

2. Got the bottom finished on the Baker and the boat is at Apple Valley Marine being re-rigged by Mickey Schwarzenbach and John Soares

3-4. Took my father-in-law on a blimp ride for his 90th birthday.......Well, I didn't actually go up in the air and neither did my wife. My father-in-law logged more than 4,000 hours as a blimp pilot in WW II, the last war we won.

5. This was Marlee's new Dawe A Hydro, BUT WE SOLD IT TO SOME NEW RACES IN COLORADO, BEFORE WE EVER RAN IT.

6.LA Boat Show was quite fun, sold props, met old friends and talked race boats. Grandson, Jake Hill, helped.

7. Bought an STV, but this isn't mine, this is Mike Quindazzi's (New COR STV), mine is JUST LIKE IT.

8. My STV came with a 300XS, but Greg Foster bought it before i had a chance to kill myself...

9. Been nursing this lemon tree back to health. It had some kind of something, but we bought a box to hang in another tree, and "WOW" all the curled leaves are now straight. Modern miracles, you know!

10. Mercury has been out of gimble rings, So, we've been selling them LIKE POPCORN.....Of course, polished stainless steel is better than aluminum anyway!
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 04-25-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Why I'm In The Prop Business Dear Ron, I receive the prop the night before the race,

Dear Ron,

I receive the prop the night before the race, and go to race without
    any test.
    Anyway we won the first leg and lead the second leg until touch a buoy
    and lost a lap...
    We are very happy with prop performance, was fast and not too steering
    torque in tiller arm.
    We don’t use a GPS, but I think that top speed was more than 52 MPH.
    I’m in a business trip now, but when I come back I will test properly
    and tell you the results.

Thanks & Regards,

(Left name off because)

There are a lot of people around the world that want to race. I feel lucky to provide propellers for people. My propellers aren't all great, but sometimes it nice to know you caused someone to have a good race.

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Little Cleavers

Finally got my molds done for some 14-16 and 18 cleavers with 10 splines. Here are a few pictures. We, at Hill Marine, feel we'll off these 25-30 HP ten spline props for Tohatsu, Mercury and Yamaha in two weeks.

You you have interest in Hill Marine's Signature cleavers for 25-35 HP outboards Contact me, ron Hill at ronhill@hillmarine.com .

The green is wax, first wax, then steel!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marcel Belleville Called, Yesterday

Marcel called and is planning to come to the Long Beach race this August, 2012. He didn't even try to get me to move to Newport Richie, Florida.

Marcel's daughter is a Captain for Northwest Airlines, she flies 757's. Marcel taught her to fly!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Know Some of You Worry About Me!

Vickey Schwarzenbach asked me if I'df taken my meds? I said, "I take my metamucil everyday."

Anyway, I got up to Apple Valley Marine, Friday June 1th, 2012. 102 degrees! Boats that need repair everywhere. How do you have a boat shop in the middle of the desert, and have more work than you can do??? I guess it is a testimonial to Mickey's work ethic and that is fix it right for a fair price. That's what Father would have wanted."

Anyway, I get there with our new Hallett Vector......and new Yanmar Diesel. We start unloading stuff, and I remember my gearcase that Tony Scarlata and Ben Marrone "Messed Up" at the Enduro. It can be fixed, only need money....

Anyway, I wanted to see my new trailer andf my new "Quarter Pounder" Addictor....Way cool....(Boat's name): Out of Control...got my Johnson 35 ready for this "PUPPIE"...

Also, my new Optimax pictured with flywheel only, and Mickey says I don't need it, but if anyone has a 140 Johnson/Evinrude short block, I'm probably interested.

So, don't worry, I'm OK!
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 06-02-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bought A Boston Whaler 20 Footer...

I'm picking up up Friday......I may work a deal with Greg Foster as he wants it, but I want to drive his SKI RACE boat with his and Kelly's new 300XS......at the Parker Enduro....This Whaler may work like a carrot.

Anyway, talking carrots, our garden is kicking butt......we eve have okra ..We ate our our own corn, radishes, Pepper, squash, tomatoes...and artichokes.... White raspberries ARE THE BERRIES, and the boysenberries are right there. Sorry to report, no girlsenberries this season.

Flowers are in season and so are Sunflowers. Laurie planted 24 Sunflowers and 21 came up.

Lemon tree has 11 green lemons, still looking a little puny, but the hummingbirds like our three feeds. Three fat assed hummers were sitting there eating while I was taking pictures...Only one in the picture but there were three.

I'll post pictures of the Whaler, Friday...maybe!
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 06-05-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default C Runabout Flood Control Channel

We used to have some great races at the Flood Control Channel in San Diego. Now it is called the San Diego River, and there is no race-able water and no way to drive to it anyway.

Carl Myers on the outside, in 288-C, a Morehouse boat. Dave Bryan in 94-C a Dave Byran Boat and Ron Hill in 1 U.S. and Hill Runabout...1964.

Second picture is at Lake Weist, Brawley, California X is Dave Bryan, then Ron Hill, Ben Stein, and 44-C is Joe Schulte

Third picture is 9-C Dave Bryan and 44-C Joe Schulte, Lake Weist also.

Thread Information