Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Hill Has Not Left The Building 2005-2017

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ron Hill Has Not Left The Building 2005-2017

2005, Hey All,
    I went to Chowchilla.......OF COURSE, I left my camera on CHAD's computer when we went to the race......But it was SO HOT and we were SO BUSY....I probably would not have taken any pictures anyway...

We ran our new Gran Prix...(Old Berghauer Boat)....OF course, we never tested BEFORE the race....We ran Sat

The kneel downers had some great racing...I felt for two days I might be seeing HISTORY MADE as Gary Lewis drove LIKE THE CHAMPION HE IS...to four firsts on Saturday...and was on his way to four more Sunday....When Tammy Dawe ruined his PERFECT RECORD by winning A HYDRO...

Keep it up all, we have a SPORT TO SAVE...ONE CLASS AT A TIME!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 02-03-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Rides? How come I didn't get a ride? I was just a kid then.
    Thanks Ron Hill thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bought Another Boat

Hey Mercguy....forgot to ask if the polishing was ok....Miss seeing you at OUR races...

I just could not let the BEAUTY go by.....Now all I need is a hole in the head and capsule training...

Post Thanks / Like

Default March 7, 2008 Apple Valley Marine

Ok, yesterday, Dave Bryan...the outboard racer, Tinker George "Evil Knivel" Collinge and I headed for Apple Valley...

Fred Bowden told me to sell his three pit bikes, and I was thinking that would be a good job for Tinker George, as soon as his collar bones heals up from demoing his Honda Scooter...that he didn't sell...yet...

So, Dave I I went to John's Custom Marine to pick up Boat #34...A Stoker Mod VP that Fred asked me to pick up......Seems plans changed quickly here, so, we left the boat a John's...

We went to Tinker's....He's restoring his 280.....with one arm....Got Bottom pictures of that...

The flowers are ICE PLANT in bloom...pretty as hell....

Then, we headed for S and S Marine....TO check on the J Hydro progress..

Then, we met Ernie Dawe at Denny's...He needed stack pullers....and I had picked them up for him at the foundry....Gave Ernie money to buy plywood for our 45 KILO BOAT...

Then, we headed for Apple Valley Marine..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tinker's New Glaspar

Man, I can't take Tinker anywhere anymore, becasue he's caught "BUYING FEVER".....I got "SELLING FEVER" right now.....Well, maybe...I did only buy an SST 120, an OMC 15 A, a Mod VP, a few engines.......maybe a new A Hydro....this week....

Anyway, Apple Valley is fun...always, even when we blew Mickey's battery all to hell...

I took a Record Prop, that was Stoker's, and asked Al if it was his...He said, "YES"...then I gave the prop to Mickey...We might want to run 36 sometimes...

There is a picture of a transom pice that makes a D Runabout into a 36, the blurred picture is a cut out boat in the rafters...a "PROJECT" for the future....

Tinker with shifters for Mark Nelson's Twin Ron Jones Drag Hydro...I think...Hugh Huser cecking out stuff...Mickey has rooms full of "Every ****"...if you need boat parts....I can find it...at Appla Valley Marine...They are closed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, maybe Tuesday and they seldom answer the phone.....but they got business....lots of it...

The blue boat is for my J HYDRO PROJECT...I'm going to use the trailer to carry J Hydros. .....

And my Yellow Tahiti....Nice boat, really..

Post Thanks / Like

Default La Palma Monaco 2002

Well, Fred's Winnebago is still for sale, unless I buy it...Laurie and I bought Dave Bryan's, Outboard Natioanal Champion Dave, 2002 35 foot Monaco...Laurie is a "Driving Fool" but I didn't take any pictures of her at the wheel, as I was holding on too tight...

We'll have this "PUPPY" at Parker April 12-13...2008.
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 03-18-2008 at 10:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Samari Suzuki

It really was with a heavy heart that I started helping Fred and Todd Bowden sell off their Bowden Development Champboat equipment....

But when the SAMARI went up for sale....I had to have it....not just to haul around behind OUR new motorhome...This Samari is a 1989 and has always gone to Boat Races...as the new King in the King and I said, "I like Boat Races." I remember seeing Fred's late brother Larry drive this thing....I've always like it....Now Laurie and I own it....

Old stickers will go, and NEW WWW.BOATRACINGFACTS.COM and WWW.HILLMARINE.COM will be on it...

Fred and Todd may be out of Boat racing, their Samari will be there with me, Laurie, Chad, Corey, Broc, Lane, Steven, Pat, Diana, Tinker.........The Hill Racing Crew....

Post Thanks / Like

Default I've Been Busy...

Well, I bought this safe and Chad measured the door opening at 42" and the safe at 40". Trouble was, we didn't figure the door in the equation: As a result, be need a new front door!

Nothing money can't fix. The price of my safe keeps going UP!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brass 1935 Chris Craft Gearcase

ANy information about this gearcase I bought on E-Bay??

Post Thanks / Like

Default 10 1/4 X 16 and 10 1/4 X 20 Choppers With Removeable Hub Kits

First two out of the molds. Working on some 10 1/2 diameter ones, too!

Of course, I have 11 inch diameter 17-21 three and four blades semi cleavers...too!

Thread Information