Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Ron Hill Has Not Left The Building 2005-2017

Post Thanks / Like

Default Needles Marine Stadium

In the '50's and 60's Needles ran the Colorado River marathon, 115 miles, it was "Big Doings" in those days.

The city, when there was a city of Needles used Indian land and build a Marine Stadium. It had about a 1 1/4 course, and was next to the main river channel. It was actually very cool, but with the river going up and down and sand moving here and there, the marine Stadium filled in.

This October 5-6-7, 2012, Needles is having a Bar-B-Q and beer drinking contests (Something like that anyway) with the goal is to make money to help dredge out the Needles Marine Stadium. I know surfing isn't boat racing, but the Huntington Beach Surf contest brought 20 million dollars to Orange County in 9 days. 16 million went to the city of Huntington Beach.

Lucas Oil owns their own TV channel, Drag Boat and Circle Boat Racing in Needles could help revive a sagging economy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dave Bryand and I Are Off To Minden 10/19/2012

Last race of the year, and Jake needs to get this 45 and trailer to Seattle. We are taking it half way, that is if the tires hold out!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Picked Up Some Hitchhkers

We stopped and picked up these two Stadium Race Boats from Darrell Sorensen.

Also stopped by to see if Freddy and Linda were in Kingsburg. Freddy was at the UIM meeting in Greece, and Linda was at the new house. This house is the Fred, Sr's house...Kingsburg is a cool little town.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ernie Dawe Is Coming By Tomorrow 10/24/2012

Ernie has two new "A" Hydros on order one for Ade Bloomfield and one for Tim Herman. Ernie is picking up the plywood and epoxy....

I don't know if he buys gasoline at this station, but I usually do when I'm in Indio...I get a "KICK OUT" of the sign. The station is a block from Ernie's...

Post Thanks / Like

Default NASCAR 11/08/12 Great Seats For The Race

Well, mark another thing off my "BUCKET LIST" Phoenix in the the fall. Next year. We are going to Fontana and the Brickyard 400.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sometimes, You Get Lucky

We closed escrow on our building the Friday before Thanksgiving and last week our toilets were all stopped up. After spending a few "****TY" days, we paid $400 to the sewer line cleaned out. Great news, the problem was the city's, not us...Now they are working on putting in a new line!!! Men and machines everywhere! Sometimes, you get lucky!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Irvine lake, 3/13/13: Testing Didn't Go Well

Well, most people on March 13th don't go "Play" with their boats. But us Californian's, when the weather is 85 plus thing we should be running boats. Irvine Lake is 15 minutes from my house and 20 minutes from my shop.

So, today we decided to test our $3,500 Maximum with the $35,000 Yanmar Diesel in it and my COR 2.0 boat..

Both boats ran perfectly, except that we didn't learn anything, for sure or gain any speed.

The Yanmar diesel has an amazing "TURBO LAG", which we think we are going to fix and my Baker COR boat works get til about 74 MPG, trouble is, everyone else is going about 77 mph plus. The Baker runs like a "SCALDED DOG" to about 74 MPH, then it gets so wild you can't drive it.

Mike Q, John Soares (Driving the 9 boat), Chad Hill and Jim Wilkes of Wilkes Marine.
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 04-02-2020 at 04:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3/20/2013 First Day of Spring 2013: Irwindale Raceway

For my birthday, Laurie bought she and I 20 laps in a NASCAR Car. I stalled for almost a year becasue I wasn't sure I would fit in the car and also, I thought I'd drive like ****.

WELL TODAY WAS THE DAY. (Ticket was only good for a year)...So, I started first in #3 AND I was doing pretty good until I went to hit the break and I hit the throttle.....My foot was too big to get on the break...bottom line, I lapped Laurie once, but then she came back and lapped me twice.

Her "CREW" was giving he "HIGH FIVES"......I got worse as the laps ran down, she got better.

I'd like to thank John Soares for coming out and advising Laurie and me.

It was a total kick in the rear.....There comes a time when you know you are past your prime!!! And today was one of those days!
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 04-02-2020 at 04:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default My KG-4 Merucry

I probably would have never considered getting a KG-4, like I raced in 1955-56, restored if it wasn't for my wife. I was showing her pictures of me in Cambridge, Maryland, August 12, 1956. I finished 3rd to Dean Chenowith and Billy Schumaker. My wife was born 8/12/56......

John Schubert, has been getting my parts together and has me a pretty "CLEAN" KG-4. I bought a few more parts than I might have needed, and I bought a complete "EXTRA" KG-4. The cool part is John will end up with a KG-4 like he had in that same era.

I got a few parts chromed.....like the tank "T", swivel bracket, and the swivel pin..

The KG-4 in the picture is the one I bought, I'll post mine when I get it from John!

Post Thanks / Like

Default KG-4: John Schubert T*A*R*T

John Schubert T*A*R*T has done a beautiful job building me a 1956 KG-4...

Thread Information