Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Ron Hill Has Not Left The Building 2005-2017

Post Thanks / Like

Default Like Father, Like Son....

I told Chad a guy wanted to sell some props and did he want to go with me? Well, the "SOME" Props turned out to be....198 propellers...Hill Marine and Signature Propellers PROBABLY has a propeller for your boat.......Contact Ron Hill at Hill Marine.net or ronhill@hillmarine.com . Front seat, back seat...when you're riding in my car, car...Woody Guthrie....

Just listed a brand new set of Volvo Dual props, C5's on E-Bay for $600.

Such a deal!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow thats a big pile of props!

Hi ron, Tried the 10 by 19 Jim Johnson prop on my tunnel the other day, unfortunately I lost 16 mile and under reved, Mate tried it on his mono but over reved and lost 21mile, Both 30hp tohastu, Oh well.
    I wanted to ask about the 11/1/4 by 20 through hub thin blade cleavers you have on ebay and $$ , I have splined and pinned my 10 spline directly into the 13 sucsessfully in the past. They look the GOODS.
    Thanks heaps and keep up the good work,
    Glenno

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glenno..

Why don't you send any props you got from me back and we can trade stuff. I know you have made some stuff run well in the past. I feel this 10 X 19 prop is just too much pitch for you and not enough diameter.

Shot me an e-mail or if it isn't "SECRET" post me a picture or two of what IS working and let's see what I've got...

Maybe one of these would work..

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default sending props

Hi ron,
    You just made my day, even my week!

I think you may be onto something with the diamiter of that prop but I am running a merc 10 by 18 chopper pitched up and cupped at the momont thats ok (pic below), seem to be able to spin up to 21 fine.
    I have tried my mates 10.5 by 18.75 and 10.5 by 21 through hub winrace cleavers and they where the fastest props yet, he said give them back!

The motor I am trying to get to run on my tunnel is pictured below, Another guy over here runs a 11 by 20 through hub winrace cleaver on his suzuki 3 cilylinder 25 and won the 550cc Australian titles, 108kph average speed on the straight.

The hub size on this 25 I think is same as the 50 yam and 50 tohatsu 3/1/4 outside Dia of hub, so the prop on ebay from the new casting 11/1/4 by 20 through hub looks like it may be the one? what are your thoughts? Where do I send the props?
    Is the outside dia of the 50 yam and 50 tohatsu hubs 3/1/4
    Thanks heaps Ron, Yep you made my week
    Have a good one,Glenno

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hill Marine Makes and Sells Propellers...

Being a believer and supporter on outboard racing for boats that don't need a "racing gearcase" I will continue to work with and support Production Outboard Racing.........lose a few, win a few...make up for it in volume...

Bravo III and Volvo Duo Propellers from Signature props is where the real money is....

Contact hillmarine.net for all your prop needs...

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default better prop picks

Hi Ron,
    Took some better picks of my chopper.
    The prop you have pictured at the bottom of your sugestions (through hub cleaver) looks like the other through hub cleavers I briefly borrowed and got the best speed with. Is it possible to get a ten spline into that? How would the flaired hub affect things?

Ron, I to really enjoy stock outboard racing as well, even the thought of racing and everithing about it gets me pumped.
    Thanks heaps for your input, will PM you,
    Glenno

Post Thanks / Like

Default So Many Propellers, So Little Time...

Well, Bill Curtis about has the lower water nose cone done for the 15 Johnson...Then, He's going to rig my Sport C...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sailing With The Tide

Pop Curtis, is about to call my bluff. He has this brand new Dawe Sport C ready for a race prop and a driver......
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 12-23-2011 at 01:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default My COR Stoker, Heads For Retirment

Mike Quindazzi drove my Apple Valley Marine Stoker at the Thanksgiving Parker race. My daughter, Jessica, and my son, Chad, have decided the Stoker is retired. They wish to has seats to her, and put a 2.5 on her....

So, we'll have a river boat for Needles!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well, The Sport C AKA Fat C Is Ready To "Sail with the Tide"

Bill Curtis has her ready, but I took her to Fidencio's to have him gelcoat it white. I think it will look better, see how good the hydro looks when it is gelcoated!

Red boat, is my boat is my Baker getting some bottom work. Wood boat is Marlee's new Dawe A Hydro, Bunker is going to make a B and H typle windshield for it.

White Soernsen hydro is going to Bill Curtis's to get the "Do-It-Yourself" Outboard installed on it.

Thee Sport C is under the green cover, Fidencio is making a rear cowling for it also.

He is also making a cowling for the "Do-It-Yourself" Outboard.

Like usual, I'm probably wasting a lot of time and money, but I'm having fun!

ADD:

that's Buddy on the motor, seems he's the only one interested.......

Thread Information