Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
Scotti carried his prop with him at the Miami 225 that he won, and the 1970 Havasu Outboard World Championships when he finished third, I think with a single engine. The night before the 1970 and 1971 I had dinner with Scotti, at Havasu, and he had his prop with him. 20:20 hind sight, I should have kept my OMC props in my hands...

Scotti "Spoke" boat race, and so did I. I didn't speak Italian. Life was good for Scotti, none of us expected that he'd be killed racing in Paris. In the early days when we raced Paris, we ran 70 MPH, when Scotti was killed 100 plus MPH was the norm.

It was a new world in those days...hard to blame anyone for the deaths and destruction.
I was in that race and new where the accident had taken place when I finished driving my boat and returned to the pits I was told it was Scottis outfit that had hit the wall at high speed I can`t remember if we had been told he had been killed at that time I remember being told about the accident by Freddi Miles who happened to be spectating on the Isle of Swans down the centre of the circuit he was with another british driver Peter Inwood who was a Harley st dentist they managed to get to Scotti who had been thrown out of his boat and had landed high up on a wall they went to help him. Freddi said he was alive but was struggling to breath so they removed his helmet and made sure he didn`t choke they waited for the ambulance to arrive after 15 minutes Freddi was worried no medical help had arrived so he had a movie camera with him and took pictures of the scene showing the time on his wristwatch Freddi was very upset it took such a long time for any help to arrive.I think they later said they could not get near because of the crowds I never new what the inquest said or how bad he was injured.