Tim,

Sweet! This is just like my 1996 OMC triple. As stated in the opening comments of this thread, mine was originally the 25hp short shaft version. As you know, they made this little triple in a 25 (short shaft) and 35 (long shaft), so we just converted my 25, using all stock OMC parts. We bored it .030" over the stock 35 and put a set of 35HP jets in it, about the only difference between them. Stuck a set of racing boyseen reeds in it. This is strong little engine, the torque is unreal, top end speed is lacking a little. I have had the oiling system removed. I haven't been able to really see what the conversion is going to actually do performance wise yet, I just got through the break in period (25:1) after the rebuild. It feels a lot stronger. I use it for hunting so I am trying to keep it as reliable as possible, but get everything I can out of it. That 2.15:1 gear ratio hurts me running against the 2 stroke 3 cyl Tahatsu's, Suzukis and Yami's down here with higher gear ratios. I'll get some data posted as soon as I get a chance to get back out on the lake with it. I'm currently running a 13 pitch stainless stock OMC prop. Toward the end of the break in period I was turning between 6050 and 6100 RPM's WOT, 32 MPH. I was just holding it there breifly. May get a little more out of going back to 50:1 and fresh set of plugs.