Question, I am brand new to the forum so I hope someone may be able to help out. I have a 1996 25hp 2 stroke 3 cylinder Johnson that I converted to as 35HP this winter. They made this exact same motor in a 35hp version, except it was a long shaft. We bored it, put 35hp pistons and 25hp carburator jets in it and a set of boyseen reeds. Used all OEM Johnson (OMC) parts in the conversion (except for the reeds). I am finally through the break in period (double the oil mixture for 15 gallons of fuel) and ready to see how's it is going to do on 50:1 and a new set of plugs. I use this boat for duck hunting, 1548 seaark semi-V aluminum flat bottom. Typical Arkansas duck boat set up. I do not race per say, well I guess we do race (sort of) at 4:00am in the morning on Arkansas public duck hunting land. I am competing with the 2 stroke 3 cyl. Suzuki's and Tahatsu's. I noticed they are "higher" geared, example 1.92:1 for the Tahatsu. My Johnson is 2.15:1, is there such thing as an aftermaket gear set for this model Johnson to get it closer to the Tahatsu ratio? Sorry to be so long winded.