Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DSH or C Mod Sid Craft

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sid Craft hydros

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    Jimbo and I talked about this boat yesterday. His 1964, Short Sponson Sid DSH was 11 foot on the money. He has pictures of it, and he looked, his didn't have the up rights supports on the cockpit, but were agreed they were needed.

My dad sold at least a dozen Sid out here, we (Jimbo and I) are wondering if this wasn't an "ALKY" boat, because the darker wood was heavier than the lighter wood. BUt then again, my 1965 Sid had dark wood. The DeSilva brothers always put serial numbers in the their boats, wish Sid's would have had them...

Would you post a picture of the bottom, like maybe the last 24 inches????
    That's correct, Sid didn't put the up & down supports on the coaming sides. Not sure of the exact year, although 1964 sounds right, my 11' normal length sponson DSH also had the dark coaming sides. We put them on, or I should say Sid decided to do that as many were breaking the starboard side coaming sides where they met the deck. Those that drove Sids with the 45 degree chine angle know that the sponson would catch 7 throw your bdyy in to the coaming, those cracking it. I always padded mine with the same material as the knee pad to softhen the blow so to speak.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sid Craft Decals

Thanks for the info on these neat boats. If the upright pieces were not installed until approximately 1964 what should the decals be, white or gold? My 1957 B Sid Craft has the original gold and red decals. The 1962-1964 BU has the white. Also would it have been possible that the metal tag on the dash would say New Brunswick, NJ?
    Thanks again for everyones help.
    David
    Old Race Boats Still Flip You Out

Thread Information