Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Glasspar g3 hull mods

BoatRacingFacts VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Glasspar g3 hull mods

I know, I know, they ain't fast, but it was my dads he got brand new back in 1965 so i want it. Still keeping my padded V Hydrostreams and Allison 13r, but curious what hull mods have been made to the G3 to make it fast.

My thought is to add a 10 inch wide pad and a couple of strakes on each side. it will have a 75 stinger motor, and the boat by itself weighs about 400 pounds.

any thoughts?

thnaks

ronny

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PIP View Post
    I know, I know, they ain't fast, but it was my dads he got brand new back in 1965 so i want it. Still keeping my padded V Hydrostreams and Allison 13r, but curious what hull mods have been made to the G3 to make it fast.

My thought is to add a 10 inch wide pad and a couple of strakes on each side. it will have a 75 stinger motor, and the boat by itself weighs about 400 pounds.

any thoughts?

thnaks

ronny
    most people will say....just buy a hydrostream..but i say go for it! i alway wanted to do this on my humber jewel! ive seen people put a pad on a sidewinder..if i can find the thread i will post it up for you if you decide to go for it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PIP View Post

any thoughts?

thnaks

ronny
    Ive been for a ride in a G3 with a Merc 4 cyl that I thought pretty impressive, scream-n speed demon?,..well no.. but excellent acceleration & handling. The Stinger ought to be pretty good too. Id run it & see before changing it from origional.

Post Thanks / Like

Default G3

I have 2 G3s, a 1965 mdl running an 850 4cyl,22p chopper with a stock hull, runs in the low 50s and is a blast, the other is a 1960 with the center deck, I put an 8" pad on it and am running a merc 1250 short on a 19" transom with a 22p chopper, runs in the mid 60s, this one still chinewalks over 58mph, Im sure some more ballance would get rid of it.
    ck out jmevinrude on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaFKO8tB2R0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvILejf0xVI

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

beautiful rides u have . they at sweettttttttttt. love the sound of old mercs flying

Thread Information