Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Alexandria, LA Races

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Ever see a Alky fuel tank begin to smoke?

At an Alky meet up here in the later 1960s some team evidently kicked a fuel tank into the river real quick when it got hot and was reputed to have started to either got steaming or smoking getting people nervous. The talk was that the fuel had been mixed with hydrazine (solid rocket fuel) crystals and left too long before use and had become unstable. What ever unstable meant?

Now we have the odd 3 eyed catfish sometimes coming out of there from time to time!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alex

Wayne, I will try to find where I got the info. about Alex. I was going by memory so I could be off on the date.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have info problems too Danny. I have some negatives with no contact sheet, and it says Alex 9-29 & 30-1979. It should have been in the proper part of the binder and it wasn't. So I am thinking I just guessed on the date later. I didn't go back to compare, but that C service hydro of Larry Latta's looks like a later date than "79. Here are the photos that I "think" were Alex 1983. Sorry about all the spots and dust on the negatives. I lost my uranium powered dust brush and there's no local distributor anymore. And my scanner won't let me do the B&W negatives anymore.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably David. I didn't really know Jeff, but Tom I knew well and a finer guy you wouldn't meet.

Thread Information