Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Selva F-1000 (F-4) soon to be delivered in Europe

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sst-60

Boatmark59,

By the end of Febuary we will have complete new SST-60 engines avaliable for sale - less powerhead. Right now we are just waiting on completion of the SST-60 Adaptor/Tuner. Patterns for that part have been made and the part has been cast and is just waiting to be machined. All other SST-60 parts - we have in stock and will have for many years to come. Powerheads are quite easy to find and build - or have built by several competent engine builders.

SST-60 as is can be a very good class for many years to come - and now that new "Motor Platforms" will be avaliable for sale - I can see it growing in the years to come. The Selva looks interesting - but I really see no need to go down that road just yet since SST-60 is a very viable class and now new product is here.

Shot some photos of SST-60 Gear Case Housings and Midsections below. Also check out the all new SST-45 Gearcases being assembled. Again another class that will have new complete motors - less powerheads ready for sale by this spring.

Greg Jacobsen
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SST-45 Shots

Gear Cases coming together
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding information. I wasn't aware that Seaway had gone so far with this.

I didn't mean to imply that I wouldn't go racing again without being able to buy new stuff, but I do think to many people, especially new guys looking in from the outside, a lack of new stuff has hurt racing overall. Having the Selva option would IMO be a positive.

I am still working on getting the ducks of life in a row so I can go racing again. Honestly, that means a target of the 2013 season. But since I have the attention of the SST-60 crowd - - Who (in addition to Pugh) is actively building boats these days. My builder of choice moved to Honduras With height and weight issues to work with, I would like to build new. Wood vs. Composite I would have to think about.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and for sake of budgeting, what will the all new SST-60 less powerhead sell for?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news Greg
    Best wishes and Happy new year

Re the situation now, as one having to make up engines I have no issue with getting everything to spec except the carbs

(Would be nice to know why the sst 60 had a different style carb than the consumer engine at the time?)

Sure the consumer 70 has same bore but how do you jet it for the sst60 porting as the carb is a different model and there are several models over the years in prop rated 70's?

Regards
    Powerabout

Post Thanks / Like

Default Several Things I Know About Sea-Way Marine Jake

1. He likes quality stuff.

2. He likes equality.

3. He enjoys "Head to head" competition.

I don't know Sea-Way Marine Jake's plans about carbs, but I'm sure he will make sure there are carbs for new motors.

When I was OCP Chairman of APBA, 1998, Jake explained to the OPC commission why certain SST 60 blocks were good and why certain blocks were bad. Yes, he owned maybe 40 new blocks at the time and he may have profited by their sales, but he gave 40 drivers hope. Hope, if they bought a new block, they might win.

Sea-Way Marine Jake told he commission about the SST 60's "GLUE LINE". By removing this "Glue Line" by a simple milling action, the blocks could be made good. Jake was a previous National Champion in SST 60.

I'm sure Jake didn't need the money, he just wanted competition equal.

We passed the "Glue Line" rule and SST 60 is still alive an well, much of he credit for this class should go to Sea-Way Marine Jake.

Jake will get good carbs, believe me....

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Merry Christmas Ron

What I was angling for was maybe a bit of dyno time to work out a set of jet numbers for 1 or 2 of the common (primer )1 1/2 carbs
    and life would be sweet as just get the Seaway kit and a fish 70 (port job) and your away.

Cheers
    Powerabout

Post Thanks / Like

Default 60 Class

Quote Originally Posted by boatmark59 View Post
    Just my rambling thoughts, but I think they are in line with many currently on the beach. Really interested in Roddy's findings . . .
    After sitting out 12 years I decided to go back racing. As most know, I was diagnosed with Cancer and after the last surgery and treatments I used racing as my motivator to get healthy.
    I bought a new Pugh from Gary, had 60 motors from John Calley and bought a complete powerhead. I still had props but they are not hard to get new from Titus or Dewald.
    The only parts that were hard to find -- gearcases and mid section parts -- Jake has now produced.
    The class is as competitive as ever -- at the nationals there were probably 5 boats that could have won. At every APR race there was a different winner. It is a challenging class to drive and the APR circuit provides some very good venues for racing.
    Am glad to speak to anyone thinking of racing 60 about where to get everything to race since I just did it myself this past year.
    I also was able to sign several major sponsors and am glad to share how I made that happen.... several actually wrote me checks to race! -Roddy #22

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Roddy. PM sent

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks, "For Sure" Roddy

SST 60 has been a great class. Sea-Way's parts will keep this class around for years.

Give us some hints on how to get sponsors... I always thought my sponsor was my dad...

Thread Information