Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Selva F-1000 (F-4) soon to be delivered in Europe

Post Thanks / Like

Default Talking Prices...

The Mercury FormulaRace motor, F4, sells for $6,700 and is a four stroke, correct?

The Selva sells for ??? and is a two stoke???

SWMJake, the Selva you bought that is at Chris Fairchild's, is that anything like the new Selva???

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Yes

Ron,

It is exactly the same "Platform" - (Gear case and Midsection) not sure what Selva has as a "Green" two stroke - it must be Direct Injected - or theyjust cleaned it up a bit and called it green?

Anyway - the motor that APBA has would be close enough to the New motor to at least put it on a boat to test and see if it would fit in the SST-60 Class - or something like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Its low pressure direct injection
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

The direct injected motors in many tests are showing quote unquote, cleaner than 4 strokes.
    But the question still hass never been answered...What constitutes a "clean" motor,
    ( government regs not an acceptable answer) and how much of this kind of crap talk are the public willing to swallow?
    From some of the trends to use direct injected two strokes, I would say the pendulum is swinging to 2 stroke and will stay there until they can get the same power from a 4 stroke at a comparable weight. I cant imagine the ridiculous amounts of money manufacturers had to lay out to retool for camshafts, valves, castings, etc
    Bill Schwab
    Dirty Deck Brewing
    Company

Post Thanks / Like

They didn't have to lay out a single penny for any of that if they didn't want to. They could always have gone the DFI route. The technology is not that new.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Burgess/Evinrude F1 V8 Lars Strom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Update on the new Selva race engine.

I also asked Bimba Sjöholm about the new Selva for F-1000/F-4.
    She has raced in this class for many years and her father Kenty is the Selva distributor for Sweden/Scandinavia.

Here is her answer in Swedish and the short translation is..

The new Selva with fuel injection is not ready get..
    Maybe for next season???
    She asked Maurizio Selva (one of the two Selva brothers) today about the progress and got the answer.."they work hard to get it ready"..
    The old engine is homologated and race legal for on more year in the class.
    Bimba also race Formula Merc..the support class at the UIM F-1 races..
    She drive Team Sweden´s boat.. #41 Picture..(Same Team as Shaun Torrante)..

From..Bimba Sjoholm
    Hej,
    kul att ryktet nåt ända dit
    jo den ska vara på gång, och jag hoppas verkligen att det kommer en till nästa säsong då det vore ett perfekt tillfälle när detta är den sista säsongen för riktiga F4 (med yamaha 2-taktare).
    Den här klassen är stor i England, Frankrike och Portugal med 30-40 förare..
    jag blev tidigare i vår kontaktad av Carl Kinder (F4 förare i england) och de var riktigt intresserade och sa att intresset även fanns i austrailien o usa till en viss del men framförallt i eng, fra o portugal

Jag mailade Maurizio på selva och frågade hur läget såg ut för dessa maskiner och han svarade att de jobbade på att få fram en motor snarast möjligt, vilket lät possitivt.
    jag vet samtidigt att våra 2-taktare är homologiserade till 2012 om det kan spela någon roll, det tror jag inte.
    så jag ligger på och tjatar på dem.
    Det ska nog vara en insprutad 2-takt med kammrem, med racing rigg + växelhus, så det blir ordentlig kylning, men motorn kan nog likna deras Selva Tigershark 80hp miljömotor tror vi.
    Jag har dålig koll på hur det blir när man inte har homologiereringar , de ska juh vara kartongmaskiner med instruktionsbok vilket är lätt fixat, men hur låter man en hästkraft bestämma en storlek och på så sätt mäta in i en klass? jag menar, det måste väl ändå vara motorvolymen som avgör det? man kan juh mäta stryrkan på en motor på olika ställen vad jag vet, Selva mäter sin längst ut på propelleraxeln.. vi får väl se hur allt blir i sinom tid

ha det gott så länge / kram Bimba
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Lars Strom

Life is good

Check my own racing history at BRF...http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ead.php?t=6727

My racing web site SVERA.se....http://svera.se/blogg/paris-6-hours/

Post Thanks / Like

Default SELVA into SST-60 / F3

I have spoken with Jake and Chris Fairchild about this motor. I think it is critical that we introduce a new motor into the SST-60 class for it to survive. I just blew a gearcase on my SST-60 and it is impossible to buy a new case -- internals are available but the case is not. The suggestion is to use old Sport E type cases in the future which would introduce slower speeds and worse handling. We must bring in a new motor that can be used on existing 60 boats and run in the existing class.
    I am willing to provide a 60 boat for testing to make sure we make the class equal -- OMC Vs Selva. Fairchild has a Selva motor in his shop and I would like to donate my extra 60 boat to promote the class. -Roddy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark75H View Post
    http://powerboatracing.0forum.biz/t3...-selva-is-here
    Move over Merc, the real race motor is on the market.

Hehe..I also asked Bimba Sjöholm if she know anything about this boat..(first post here..??)

She just wrote back to me and told me.. it is her.!!!.a small incident 2003-maybe 2004 in Sweden.
    Yes the boat has the Swedish flag..

See..how small the world is..!!

The boat is a PatCat, built by Sune Olsson of Sweden.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lars Strom

Life is good

Check my own racing history at BRF...http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ead.php?t=6727

BRF Team Europe Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that takes care of the new F1000i for now. There's lots of UIM approved 2 stroke DI motors, like the 90Etec & the Tohatsu 90 which would make good starter class engines with the right gearcase:

http://www.uimpowerboating.com/vsite...m-item,00.html
    Argo Cat 18 - Sold
    Merc 2.4EFI/CLE - Sold

Post Thanks / Like

Yes..but they do not have the nice racing mid section and racing gear case like the Selva..
    Lars Strom

Life is good

Thread Information