Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C and D Stock Hydro Pictures...

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you mentioned that about the bow handles. The one on this boat says Lundy on it. Thanks a lot guys. Do any of you guys have any experience driving a Lundy? The boat seems really well made and drives extremely well.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I would also like to know a little about Mike Lundy if anyone could provide any information. I found through my research on the Internet that he raced stock b hydros and was from canada. Thanks in advance, Robbie

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Robbie:

I posted a contact sheet from a 72 or 3 race somewhere on the Susquehana on the " More Region 2 stuff" thread here. If you are able to magnify, you will see Mike Lundy ( 68-CE ) in his BSH and his kid ( name escapes me ) in a JSH.

He stopped running the C before I started, but a search shows him with a 3rd at Gunnersville nationals, 1961 and Cambridge nationals, 1963. His BSH was always fast and his boats were always immaculate.

One day at Silver Lake , Jon Stone was surprised to watch 16cc of fluid disappear into my A stock engine and said I needed to work on it. Mike told me that the fluid used to run past the rings on his C and no one was ever able to measure it.

The JSH was built light so Mike could test it. For the kid, it had a big piece of iron on rails on the floorboards. The weight was locked up front to get on plane then a lever was pulled, the weight slid to the back and locked there to race. This idea wasn't legal for long.

Mike didn't show it often but he could have a wicked sense of humour. This drunk kid came up late one Saturday night and sold me his 25SS engine for $500. He needed a down payment to buy all Lundy's stuff for $5000. Mike wouldn't take a cheque from him but would take one from me so I made it out to him. The next week Mike told the kid that the cheque had bounced but gave me a big wink as he was saying it.

Tom Boulter still holds the Canadian 5 mile and kilo records with a Lundy boat.

John McManus

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

John,
    Mikes son name was Jeff (Hopper).
    All Mikes stuff went to Carl Breckin in Niagara Falls.
    Leigh.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

``Thanks Leigh. I guess I'm better remembering bow handles than names. The real joke was that my bank account was a lot sketchier than Carl's.
    John

Thread Information