Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Plan for BRF World Records

Post Thanks / Like

So glad to hear you will be back Wayne , the site hasn't been the same without you , in my opinion. As I have said in the past , I am a collector of history but you guys lived it in a time when boat racing was at its pinnacle. I am so glad there is a place where all this can be saved for future generations to come , although most could care less right now , a place to go to find out about dad or maybe grampa or some other family member. Long live BRF!!!
    Thanks Ron Hill thanked for this post

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the kind words Dale. I attribute the interest to a lot of my posts to my old friends contributing to the stories and the many new friends, including you that I have gotten to know thanks to BRF. And there are many who I knew by reputation from my racing days that I never met until the reunions and Ralph's Old Phart Party.

An interesting interruption occurred when I was on the phone with Ron last night. Debbie came down the hallway hollering that I needed to get up to the living room right now. She came down the hallway and said there was a rattlesnake in the house. Ron said "You got a rattlesnake in your house?" I told him "I don't know". He said "Call me back". Well, first I had to find something besides a hoe or firearm to deal with it inside the house. And I had to be quick, because when Debbie alerted it, the snake was going to make a quick exit, and I didn't want to not know where it was hiding. Debbie said it went up against the fireplace. I got a long metal skewer out of the pantry, a can of Easy Off oven cleaner, some paper towels and a spatula. The snake was only 8-10 inches long. I laid on the ground a couple of feet away to see if I could identify it as a rattlesnake, but I could not see the head. It had the right colors, and I wasn't sure if I saw the tail or not. I could see some white spots. At that size, the most a rattler would have would maybe be a button. But I do not see that there would be a very young rattlesnake that size this time of year. Anyway, it was about to get away, so I sprayed it down real good with oven cleaner hoping it would clear away from the rock in the front part of the chimney. It didn't, so I started poking at it with the skewer. It broke through mortar and opened a three inch gap underneath the rock. It was hollow back there and that's where the snake went. I sprayed more oven cleaner into the hole. Now that it's daylight, I'm going to inspect the whole base of the chimney and make sure everything is sealed. It didn't come out from there because there was no hole until I started poking. But I think it is somewhere near there and the snake make to the fireplace and scrunched in under to rock to hide out and hope we couldn't see it and wait on an opportunity to make his getaway. Hope that oven cleaner convinced him to get out of the house.

Thanks Ron Hill thanked for this post
    Likes Ketzer liked this post

Lake Sammamish, Washington and Indio, California
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Fred View Post
    we do the rough stuff
    There should be a record for the highest / biggest air.
    Dean Hobart

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeanFHobart View Post
    There should be a record for the highest / biggest air.
    I nominate Jeff Kugler during Friday testing a few years ago at the Pleasent Praire USTS race in a 350cch. No pictures but very spectacular.

Thread Information