Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, what does it take to put on a race?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default So, what does it take to put on a race?

to put on a race?

I'd like details as I want to work on putting a package together;

How much water is needed? Can someone give me approximate dimensions of a race course, how far from the shore, how deep?

How much money does it take?

How much is the rescue crew?

How much are officials?

All the details please

How much does it take to get the drivers, boats, and crews there?

I have an idea on F1 races, but not sure with the other classes / series.

Thanks!
    Wayne
    Last edited by Mark75H; 09-15-2011 at 04:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

It takes a lot of work. Developing an APBA approved race committee should be first and foremost. Cost?....start with a sanction application, insurance application, and a bunch of other expenses. Check out the risk management checklist for basic event safety info here...http://www.apba-racing.com/Forms/201...eck%20List.pdf which is located at the download section on the main APBA website here...http://www.apba-racing.com/downloads.html

Cost of events on top of the basic necessities listed above are endless. Too much to discuss as I need to head to San Diego Bayfair. Good starting point is to contact a local APBA club in your area to gather more info on how they host events.

You can never have too many boat racing events.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wayne, you really need to come to Roar and Soar, our Classic Raceboat Association event this November 12 and 13 in Polk City, FL at the Fantasy of Flight. As you may know, this is strictly exhibition, not a true race, but most of the same "rules" and costs apply.

http://www.classicraceboatassoc.com/

I'll be in the pits all day long directing boats in and out of water. I will introduce you to our President, Dick Whyte, and others.

Plan on bringing the kids as this is a big event; there is a car show, vintage aircraft and unbelievable RC models, etc. Get the pit pass.

--Tom Lang

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZOutlaw View Post
    It takes a lot of work. Developing an APBA approved race committee should be first and foremost. Cost?....start with a sanction application, insurance application, and a bunch of other expenses. Check out the risk management checklist for basic event safety info here...http://www.apba-racing.com/Forms/201...eck%20List.pdf which is located at the download section on the main APBA website here...http://www.apba-racing.com/downloads.html

Cost of events on top of the basic necessities listed above are endless. Too much to discuss as I need to head to San Diego Bayfair. Good starting point is to contact a local APBA club in your area to gather more info on how they host events.

You can never have too many boat racing events.
    he said boat race. He did not say APBA YOU EVER HEAR OF AOF OR nbra are just a boat race
    David Bryan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by david bryan View Post
    he said boat race. He did not say APBA YOU EVER HEAR OF AOF OR nbra are just a boat race
    The checklist is still a good idea to look at. Do the other organizations have similar checklists to compare?
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark75H View Post
    The checklist is still a good idea to look at. Do the other organizations have similar checklists to compare?
    So, APBA, AOF, NBRA can be used to sanction a race, is there any others?

I'll pull the APBA checklist, and if either of the others have one, I'll take a look at theirs too.

Wayne

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Tom,

I'm going to do what I can,.... is there a possibility of me dragging an F1 boat up there to put on display? (just curious)

I've got it penciled in, just need to work on logistics

Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by rustnrot View Post
    Wayne, you really need to come to Roar and Soar, our Classic Raceboat Association event this November 12 and 13 in Polk City, FL at the Fantasy of Flight. As you may know, this is strictly exhibition, not a true race, but most of the same "rules" and costs apply.

http://www.classicraceboatassoc.com/

I'll be in the pits all day long directing boats in and out of water. I will introduce you to our President, Dick Whyte, and others.

Plan on bringing the kids as this is a big event; there is a car show, vintage aircraft and unbelievable RC models, etc. Get the pit pass.

--Tom Lang

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, there is "Static Display" on our registration form. We'd love to see it!

http://www.classicraceboatassoc.com/...ation-2011.pdf

PS, if you need to talk to anyone specifically in this organization about putting on a race, I can put you in touch with the correct folks, just pm me.

Edit: I just googled F1 boat. I'm pretty sure that's what Roger Hinsdale brought last year to run.

Formula 1, SST45 Lee Motorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wayne,

We could probably add two 45's and another F1 if you want....

With the other F1's in the state and the other three 45's, we could have a race right there...

Steve.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

RGF, bring the boat(s), and run 'em! Ocala -- not far away.

This is getting bigger all the time, we now get about 60 boats. We've always had one crane for launching and 2-3 tractors for trailer boats. One day soon, we're gonna need another crane.

Thread Information