Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Made in america

David_L6

Thumbs up

Thanks for the tip Wayne.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Great thread Wayne, thanks for the info on the jeans. Think I'll try'em out.

Some of you may know I do a fair amount of surfing here on the west coast. The company I get my board bags custom made from http://www.midnightproducts.net/ is all about "made in the USA" They do snow board bags as well. Here is a quot right from there site...

ATHLETIC EQUIPEMENT BAGS...TRAVEL BAGS

BACKPACKS & BOOK BAGS...COURIER BAGS

PADDLE COVERS FOR CANOES, KAYAKS, RAFTS

COVERS FOR ANYTHING...CUSTOM MADE FOR YOU

We are also manufacturing accessories for
    Yamaha Rhinos and Polaris Rangers.
    Rollbar Padded Covers, Shock Covers, Grab Handles,
    Soft Tops, Cargo Nets and Cargo Covers.

WE WILL FABRICATE ALMOST ANYTHING YOU WANT .

We also produce a complete line of Pet Products including Leashes, Collars and Harnesses. Check out our website by clicking here http://www.MidnightPet.com
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These guys are great on the phone too, very helpful and ready to answer any questions.

I can get a custom bag from these guys cheeper than the Chinese made bags I can get off the rack at my local surf shop!
    Jeff 93-C

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jeff. I'm gonna give them a call about a cover for my Galaxy I/O. I shopped all over several years ago and bought the closest thing I could find to fit and it was not well made and came all to pieces when I towed my boat to Corpus and back. Only 100 miles. I bought it at a chain boat store that went bust a couple of years ago and I think it was a China product.

I will tell them you referred me, and that the news was spread through BRF.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Texas Wine????

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    Debbie and I started buying California wines almost exclusively several years ago and as the Texas wine industry has grown, we now buy mostly from Texas. Up until the legislative session before the one that just ended, it was illegal for a Texas winery to ship interstate. That means if you go to a winery and like certain varieties, you could not order more bottles online. You would have to drive to the winery if you could not find it at a local store. There are many small vintners who are unable to produce the quantity it would take to cut margins and deal with distributors. Since 2008, Texans can buy wine online within our own borders. It could be shipped out of state at anytime, but now we can buy our own stuff, and the vinyards are popping up all over. And....we have some excellent wines. So now we buy mostly Texas, but still some from California, and occassionally wines from Oregon or Washington State, but we really do not know which ones to try because there is not much of a selection down here and we have no input.

New York state has also had a very long history in wine making and I guess maybe especially with the concord grape. Any of you guys from that area have any suggestions?

We do buy some wine from Australia as well, because us Texans have a kindred spirit of independance with the folks from down under.
    Ive been on the road working all last month and no computer. I don't know about the wine from Cali or Texas but, I might could set you up with some Georgia Wine made up in the hills though. Does it matter if it is Clear??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not made in the US

Many of the "stock" outboard motors and some of the inboard motors used in APBA competition. (remember when a stock motor had to be made in the US according to APBA rules?)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Steve......Is it true the Georgia 'wine' clears the sinuses? That's been my experience. Just didn't know if that was always the case.................
    Charley Bradley

David_L6

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Litzell View Post
    Ive been on the road working all last month and no computer. I don't know about the wine from Cali or Texas but, I might could set you up with some Georgia Wine made up in the hills though. Does it matter if it is Clear??

I'll take a gallon!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Wayne; I'll see if they have an outlet here. And now that it's in my head, I'll see if there is a site that lists Made in America products for other categories.

Only question is, WHY NOT start a rant on offshoring and outsourcing US jobs . . . especially now . . . ??

(edit) Hey, I just looked and there are lots of Made in America/USA site listed on Google!! Why didn't I think to do this before? Doh!

Thread Information